Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
ridiculous I have to lie in a free country!!!! ~*EDIT*~
by Anonymous
June 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Its ridiculous that in a FREE COUNTRY I have to LIE. I wish my state had philosophical vaccine exemptions, but they don't. So i'm forced to claim religious. Whatever. Its illegal for them to question and deny me.
Anyways. I felt stupid at the ped today. He respects my choice, but out of curiosity asked why. After my last experience of being honest, I decided to say "its against our religion"... Ha
Then he asks me what religion. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I blurted out Baptist. He said he didn't realized Baptist believed that way, so I had to think quick and I said it was just our interpretation of things. Luckily he left it at that.
I hate lying. I'm NOT good at it. Lol

And yes, i'm posting anon because I don't need my inbox flooded with stupidity.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!! I just LOVE the conclusions everyone jumps to. No where did I say I don't vax because of autism or Jenny McCarthy. ROFL.
You call me uneducated and tell me I should do research, but you have no idea what led me to the decision to not vaccinate my children. Do you enjoy name calling? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

About my OP, it has been brought to my attention that I am not in fact lying to get my exemption. Vaccinations go against my beliefs.
I did, however, choose to lie to the pediatrician. Yep, you got me there. God, i'm horrible. Either way, i'm not vaccinating and he wouldn't have been able to change my mind. AFTER I stated my lie, is when he said he respected my choice. Hallelujah!!
The last pediatrician I went to, I WAS honest with and I got a lecture and talked down to like an uninformed child. I was attempting to avoid that situation, and instead but myself in another awkward position. Lol. OOPS.

The decision not to vax my children was not made lightly. I spent Alot of time soul searching and informing myself. This is the best decision FOR MY FAMILY.
I'm not spewing "antivaccine propaganda" nor trying to convince anyone to live the way I do. I was sharing my funny story.

So, to those of you who wish to continue bashing me, carry on. This ol girl feels 100% confident in her choice, and your just making yourselves look foolish!! =)

Replies

• Lizj4
    by Lizj4
    June 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Can I ask what philosophical vaccines are?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

What do you mean?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

• Adamswifeypoo08
    June 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM

There is a form you can fill out if you choose to not vaccinate so they can still go to school

Quoting Anonymous:

I do HAVE to. Otherwise, my child can't go to school.
    I refuse to do something I don't believe in.
    In a FREE COUNTRY I shouldn't feel like I need to lie. I should be able to claim my philosophical exemption and be on my way.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

you dont HAVE to lie...you CHOOSE to lie

• libby261
    June 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Seventh Day Adventists, Christian Scientists don't believe in vax.  You could also claim to be pagan.  I wish I could get an exemption on the rabies vax for my animals. 

• Bigmetalchicken
    June 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

If it helps, I know some fundimental Baptists that do not vaxinate, and when I have asked why, they put it under the "Body is a temple" clause. You don't put anything that may harm you into your body. So...write that down for next time, I guess. lol

• libby261
    June 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM

LOL, but athiests don't believe in the devil, either.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should have said "We are athiest, and I dont want the devil vaccine to consume my child."

that would have made him ask no questions. lol!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    Yep. There are 3 kind. Medical, religious, and philosophical.

I'm claiming religious, since my state only allows the first 2.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

There is a form you can fill out if you choose to not vaccinate so they can still go to school

Quoting Anonymous:

I do HAVE to. Otherwise, my child can't go to school.

I refuse to do something I don't believe in.

In a FREE COUNTRY I shouldn't feel like I need to lie. I should be able to claim my philosophical exemption and be on my way.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

you dont HAVE to lie...you CHOOSE to lie

• Anonymous
    June 1, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    Philosophical vaccine exemption.
    Means, exemption from vaccine based on personal beliefs.

Quoting Lizj4:

• Anonymous
    June 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    Lol. I knew I had heard baptist before. I forgot the fundamentalist part. Lol

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

If it helps, I know some fundimental Baptists that do not vaxinate, and when I have asked why, they put it under the "Body is a temple" clause. You don't put anything that may harm you into your body. So...write that down for next time, I guess. lol

• Lizj4
    by Lizj4
    June 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    Gotcha.

Quoting Anonymous:

Philosophical vaccine exemption.

Means, exemption from vaccine based on personal beliefs.

Quoting Lizj4:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts