Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
ridiculous I have to lie in a free country!!!! ~*EDIT*~
by Anonymous
June 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Its ridiculous that in a FREE COUNTRY I have to LIE. I wish my state had philosophical vaccine exemptions, but they don't. So i'm forced to claim religious. Whatever. Its illegal for them to question and deny me.
Anyways. I felt stupid at the ped today. He respects my choice, but out of curiosity asked why. After my last experience of being honest, I decided to say "its against our religion"... Ha
Then he asks me what religion. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I blurted out Baptist. He said he didn't realized Baptist believed that way, so I had to think quick and I said it was just our interpretation of things. Luckily he left it at that.
I hate lying. I'm NOT good at it. Lol

And yes, i'm posting anon because I don't need my inbox flooded with stupidity.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!! I just LOVE the conclusions everyone jumps to. No where did I say I don't vax because of autism or Jenny McCarthy. ROFL.
You call me uneducated and tell me I should do research, but you have no idea what led me to the decision to not vaccinate my children. Do you enjoy name calling? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

About my OP, it has been brought to my attention that I am not in fact lying to get my exemption. Vaccinations go against my beliefs.
I did, however, choose to lie to the pediatrician. Yep, you got me there. God, i'm horrible. Either way, i'm not vaccinating and he wouldn't have been able to change my mind. AFTER I stated my lie, is when he said he respected my choice. Hallelujah!!
The last pediatrician I went to, I WAS honest with and I got a lecture and talked down to like an uninformed child. I was attempting to avoid that situation, and instead but myself in another awkward position. Lol. OOPS.

The decision not to vax my children was not made lightly. I spent Alot of time soul searching and informing myself. This is the best decision FOR MY FAMILY.
I'm not spewing "antivaccine propaganda" nor trying to convince anyone to live the way I do. I was sharing my funny story.

So, to those of you who wish to continue bashing me, carry on. This ol girl feels 100% confident in her choice, and your just making yourselves look foolish!! =)

Replies

• Sara717
    by Sara717
    June 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM

lol

• Jguevara
    June 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting lalaboosh:

What are you talking about?!

Quoting Jguevara:

Why not? People like to get assistance when they don't really need it.

I'm talking about lying in this country. People who don't need pa lie about their income and so forth go get assistance. Then there are people who really need it and make say $5 too much to qualify. Get it now?

• lalaboosh
    June 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    I want to organize a giant group hug!

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

maybe it's random day!

I really like cinnamon rolls!

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting Jguevara:

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    June 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

You should have said "We are athiest, and I dont want the devil vaccine to consume my child."

that would have made him ask no questions. lol!

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    June 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

LOL-I was taking a class at a local college. I had to provide proof of childhood disease ..from the early 60's...I didn't have them...so I could either shell out for titres (I have a high deductable Medicla insurance policy)

OR I could l claim a philisophical exemption ...So when they asked what my reason was, I said I objected getting vaccinated for diseases I had already contracted 40 years ago!

• razmatazthespaz
    June 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

i think we all understood what you were saying,  but the relavence to this conversation is missing...

Quoting Jguevara:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting Jguevara:

I'm talking about lying in this country. People who don't need pa lie about their income and so forth go get assistance. Then there are people who really need it and make say $5 too much to qualify. Get it now?

• LectioDivina
    June 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM

America doesn't Go By the WHO's recommendations, we go by the CDC's recommendations. They Are the same a lot, but not all the time, and not on every vax.

I don't know what there is to be insecure about in this conversation...That emotion just didn't pop up for me...lol I might be zealous...

Quoting Momniscient:

You seem so... Zealous. And insecure.
    I'm sure the WHO is a bunch of money hungry assholes except when it comes to their breast feeding recommendations. Lol.

Quoting LectioDivina:

So sad that other countries are outright banning vaxes that this money driven country is still promoting...

We need to see A LOT of deaths happen before we stop injecting our kids with something that's had a bad track record at preventing the disease anyway...

Crazy almost....

• Jguevara
    June 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

i think we all understood what you were saying,  but the relavence to this conversation is missing...

Quoting Jguevara:

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting Jguevara:

No, It's relevant. Her post is about lying. You obviously DON'T get it.

• LectioDivina
    June 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM

lol like what?

Quoting Momniscient:

Or take pseudo science as gospel?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

Isn't it sad how many stupid parents just inject their child with whatever is offered without even reading the label?

Sad...

Or the parents that listen to a playboy bunny with her fake autistic kid?

• GoRed
    by GoRed
    June 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Thanks for not considering the well being of the community, and helping the herd immunity.  Unless there is a medical reason for not getting vaccinated, then you should stay away from the rest of us.  And there is no law stating that you have to be vaccinated. you just have to be vaccinated in order to attend public schools, BECAUSE THAT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE COMMUNITY.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts