Mom Confessions

Anonymous
the offspring of interracial couples..?
by Anonymous
May 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Do you have any negative feelings, at all, towards the concept of biracial children?  What state do you live in?

Replies

• IndigoRose
    July 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

...are often so beautiful.  Some of the most beautiful kids I've ever seen!  (I live in Ohio.)

• Cozie_Sisika458
    July 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

No me and my kids are biracial. Hispanic/white/Asian/Native

My kids are beautiful and so arent other biracial kids/adults. 

• lipsis
    by lipsis
    July 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My daughter is Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Irish, Native American, Scottish,and Vietnamese.

I'll include an old photo of her. :)

I don't have any negative feelings towards it. I do have some sadness that I'm not more familiar with the different nationalities that she is a composite of, and I wish I could do more, because she may have the genetic make up, but she does not have the cultural heritage, if that makes sense. So, if I were to say I had any negative feelings, it's that I feel some sadness out of how a multiracial child may not have the separate cultural identity which the parents or grandparents may have had.

I'm from Michigan.

• Fields456
    July 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Exactly this But I'm from Texas 

Quoting my_babies_n_me:

I think they are some of the cutest kids I have ever seen! I live in a very rural redneck/hillbilly part of MD. I grew up in WV.
    Eta: I do not have any negative feelings towards them..that's silly and quite frankly, a little odd.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Not at all.
    Texas.
  • romab1126
    July 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    My kids are half hispanic and white. One looks like my husband (white) and one looks hispanic like me. I think eventually the whole united states will be a nice light brown color(future). I live in texas and its no big deal

Mom Confessions