Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Sledding scares me
by Anonymous
January 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Does anyone else get nervous when their kids go sledding?  My kids love it of course, but I get so nervous.  We stick to small hills and stay clear of trees (like wayyyy clear) but I'm still a nervous wreck.  They're getting older (5 and 8) and want to go down bigger hills now.  I grew up in the south so maybe that's why it scares me because I'm not used to it.  Now we live in the north and it's a part of life here and I see all the other kids and parents whizzing by us.  Does anyone else feel this way or just me? Do your kids wear helmets when they go sledding?

Replies

• highlandmum
    January 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Mine do not wear helmets when they go sledding, but I have seen others that do.  It does not scare me but I grew up sledding and the things my children do are tame in comparison to what I did as a child.  They do wear helmets when they go tubing, or snowboarding however, and the youngest will wear a helmet whenever he is skating.

• bellasmommy1988
    January 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I grew up in the North all my life sledding is a way of life up here and we dont see it as dangerous it's just fun. I flew out of the sled a million times as a kid and it was fun.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts