Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I want to go to church
by Anonymous
December 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I was not raised religious at all but I have been wanting to go. I've been having a hard time finding a church. I grew up in the south and the few times I have been as a kid I went to a baptist. I really just want to go to a few and decide. I am just not sure what to wear. I know some websites that I have read say wear whatever but I would feel pretty silly if I was not dressed like everyone else. I was never one to dress up. So what kind of church do you go to and what do you wear?

Replies

• Kylie819
    January 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    I go to an Assemblies of God church. I usually wear nice pants and a top. People wear anything from jeans to dresses :)
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Please visit this web site... http://exmormon.org/ It has some very valuable information about why not to join the Mormon religion. 

• Mweddle
    by Mweddle
    January 2, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I go to a Baptist church but its pretty laid back.  You can wear whatever but what i would normally wear to a Sunday morning service anywhere (we've visited other churches and it seems about the same)  is a skirt and top or slacks and top with flats probably.  Good luck! :)   

• moniagee
    January 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    I'm Lutheran, and I wear jeans and a t-shirt. My dh usually wears a football jersey, jeans, and a pair of Timberlands, and let his dreadlocks hang loose...and he's one of the ministers. But then again, my church caters to the area that we're located in. Which is a very urban community. A lot of churches don't really care what you wear, just as long as you're presentable.
  • BellaBlondie
    January 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Well, I will tell you.  If you are in the south, they tend to dress UP more for Church, or at least they did when I lived there.  Wear dark jeans and a nice top and even if you go to a bit more formal church you won't be horribly out of place, and if you go to one that is more casual, you will know better for next week.

As far as finding a church, a few pointers.  Check out the web.  The advantage you have in that is you can get a really great idea about the teaching based on what they write as their beliefs, and can often hear some of the sermons.

Once you have your list boiled down, just show up.  If you aren't familier with the bible, look up the Roman road to Salvation as a good place to start reading the Word...but just show up,  If you are prayerfully asking for Him to make it clear to you where you belong, he will

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Thnank you everyone. There is a nice big baptist church I have been thinknig of going to. I really wanted something with a lot of members and one that does a lot of things with kids/teens to keep them busy and this one does. I was really interested in jehovah's witnesses too but don't know much about them. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I am going.

• parentalrights1
    January 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I don't go to church. Even though I believe in Jesus, I don't believe in religion or that the bible is accurate, but that's just me.

The few times I did go to church, I just wore everyday clothes. We have a personal relationship with God. He doesn't care what we wear. Dressing up is to suit the other people around us, not him.

• parentalrights1
    January 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

But if dressing up makes you feel like you are going the extra mile for God, then there's nothing wrong with that.

• indymom22
    January 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Catholic here. Our church is casual. I'll wear anything from jeans to a skirt. Other catholic churches in my area are dressier. I love the idea of driving by when services are letting out. That should give you a good dea of the norm.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts