Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i need some honest mom to mom and woman to woman advice on working
by Anonymous
December 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

so for three years i stayed home and i loved it, but hubs got laid off and we needed mor money so i started working (this was back in july) im a bartender but after calling and applying at about 30 places still nothing everywhere is full, so i work as a server at chili's. the chili's i worked at burned down the past week and i was transferd to a chili's 45 mins from me = more gas. the past two nights iv only been on for 3 hrs and made $28 sat and $33 sun which isent bad BUT i have to pay th baby sitter $20 a day so in reality i only made$21 this weekend :/ and i spent $23 in gas which means i paid $2 to work...... 

my husband and fil suggested i just stop working and go back to being a sahm (hubs makes about $1,300 a week now that he was hired on as an employee froma contracter) but we have alot of debt so we are still struggling to get basic needs.

if i quit i have to give my car back to my fil (i was buying it from him since hubs car is manual and i dont like driving stick lol), which with hubs workign 7 days a week from 6am to 8pm he would have to take off work so we could do anything, groceries, or doctors everything, it would just be a big hassle. its so much easier now that i have a car. but i dont know if its worth it to keep working if im not really even making much

the short

keep working for little money and hope it picks up and keep the car

or

quit give back the car and stay home and deal with the stress of trying to scedual everything

im going to talk to my managers today about my situation, they are very proactive and very supportive (a 360 from my previous managers)

but what would you do?

Replies

• supernoodle2
    December 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    First talk to your manager if they can't help then quit and give back the car. Do you have a friend or family that could help you if you needed to go to the store ir drs appointments?
  • owl0210
    by owl0210
    December 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I would not be working for such little pay. Does you husband need the car for work? If not learn how to drive manual that way you can have the car during the day.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM

nope :( and i wouldent be able  to barrow the car back either becasue he would drive it to work everyday and he works long hours like my husband

Quoting supernoodle2:

First talk to your manager if they can't help then quit and give back the car. Do you have a friend or family that could help you if you needed to go to the store ir drs appointments?

• supernoodle2
    December 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    Well that sucks! If you can't make more money I would suggest a meal plan and do your shopping in advance. I do all my grocery shopping twice a month because the store is an hour away. That way you have what you need. Try and buy in advance. But I hope you can keep your job and makes some more money so you can keep your car. It sucks to be left stranded.

Quoting Anonymous:

nope :( and i wouldent be able  to barrow the car back either becasue he would drive it to work everyday and he works long hours like my husband

Quoting supernoodle2:

• heybooboo
    December 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM

talk to your managers.

• anotherhalf
    December 12, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Why don't you learn to drive the stick and then drive/pick up your dh from work at least on some days?

• Anonymous 1
    December 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM

i can drivve stick but its turbo charged and  has to use premium gas and with me driving it back and forth twice a day we would be filling up alot more, he only drives it to work and back all other driving is in mine sice its just a little ford fusion. and we wouldent trade it in or sell it becasue 1. its a salvage title it was in a flood and restored so its not like we would get much off it, and 2. its a show car, and drift event car, he makes money off it during events which really helps (winnings are around $500 for then lower events and more for bigger events and that happens every few months)

Quoting anotherhalf:

Why don't you learn to drive the stick and then drive/pick up your dh from work at least on some days?

• Anonymous 1
    December 12, 2011 at 12:32 PM

yup hes a computer support tech for compucom and goes between then and cisco as needed sometimes its just once a week somtimes its more

Quoting owl0210:

I would not be working for such little pay. Does you husband need the car for work? If not learn how to drive manual that way you can have the car during the day.  

• weberbaby
    December 12, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    Can you get a job closer to home?
  • Cara5
    by Cara5
    December 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Why not keep working for a few more months and you and DH make your savings priority to squirle away 3k-5k bucks and buy yourself an collage car (LOL).  The quit and you wont have any car payments. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN