Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What do you consider being a virgin? *Edit w/ definition and poll*
by Anonymous
December 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Something I always found to be an interesting debate. Me and my SIL were discussing it and she thinks that ANY act of sexual nature (oral, anal, etc) means you loose your virginity. I, on the other hand, always believed it was when you actually had sex, you know, the kind that will make babies lol.

Virginity refers to the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse. There are cultural and religious traditions which place special value and significance on this state, especially in the case of unmarried females, associated with notions of personal purity, honor and worth. Like chastity, the concept of virginity has traditionally involved sexual abstinence before marriage, and then to engage in sexual acts only with the marriage partner.

Unlike the term premarital sex, which can refer to more than one occasion of sexual activity and can be judgment neutral, the concept of virginity usually involves moral or religious issues and can have consequences in terms of social status and in interpersonal relationships. A person can lose his/her virginity voluntarily or involuntarily, as in the case of rape.

The term originally only referred to sexually inexperienced women, but has evolved to encompass a range of definitions, as found in traditional, modern, and ethical concepts.[1][2][3][4] Heterosexual individuals may or may not consider loss of virginity to occur only through penile-vaginal penetration,[1][3][4] while people of other sexual orientations may include oral sex, anal sex or mutual masturbation in their definitions of losing one's virginity.[3][5][6] Further, the belief that virginity can only be lost through consensual sex has also been prevalent

What do you think?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 46% - Vaginal penetration only
  2. 31% - Anal or vaginal penetration
  3. 22% - Any sexual experience means you are not a virgin

Replies

• arielsmomma1020
    December 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    Penetration
  • hp2011
    by hp2011
    December 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I think that when you consent to sex (vaginal) you are no longer a virgin.

If you're assaulted physically your virginity is gone, but I don't count it.

Oral is not losing your virginity technically.

• Cochise
    by Cochise
    December 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM

vaginal intercourse only

• RhondaVeggie
    December 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    I think anything that could result in pregnancy or a STD counts. Not just full penetration, if you're messing around close enough and naked enough that you could possibly get pregnant or catch a STD then you can't really call yourself a virgin. I knew a few girls in college who were saving themselves for marriage so they wouldn't have full intercourse. They'd get naked with a guy and hump, perform and receive oral sex, even have anal sex and do all kinds of weird kinky stuff with multiple partners at once. They just wouldn't allow a guy to put it all the way in to that one orifice because that would be sex before marriage and that would mean they were a slut.
  • rec104
    by rec104
    December 4, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Quoting arielsmomma1020:

Penetration

• Ber-Lynn
    December 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    Well oral is still sex I mean that's why they call it oral sex same with anal it is called anal sex. But I guess most still consider penetration of the vagina losing your virginity.
    I for one lost everything to one person.
    Others will just give oral to many people before they decide to have intercourse.
    I guess it depends on who you ask. Everyone feels differently about it.
  • kirstn007
    December 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    Dont care why is it my business
  • MrsMommy2011
    December 4, 2011 at 4:19 PM

this

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Well oral is still sex I mean that's why they call it oral sex same with anal it is called anal sex. But I guess most still consider penetration of the vagina losing your virginity.
    I for one lost everything to one person.
    Others will just give oral to many people before they decide to have intercourse.
    I guess it depends on who you ask. Everyone feels differently about it.

and i feel a virgin is someone who has not had any sexual relations at all

• hillary819
    December 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I conside ora sex, groping, etc to all be sex.  A "virgin" IMO is someone who has never had ANY type of sexual experience! 

You should really add a poll to this post to see how the answers stack up, JMO.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Quoting hillary819:

I conside ora sex, groping, etc to all be sex.  A "virgin" IMO is someone who has never had ANY type of sexual experience! 

You should really add a poll to this post to see how the answers stack up, JMO.

Good idea.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts