Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How do you feel about Weed/Pot???
by Anonymous
November 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Ok i personally have no problem with it an would totally understand if it was made legal in all states!!!.... However DH likes to smoke.... He will smoke when he gets home from work an before bed i sometimes do as well but only when the kids are gone for a night.... What are yalls thoughts on this subject????

Replies

• VeganMeegan
    November 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM

BTW: I am no saying I think your DH takes it too far

Quoting VeganMeegan:

I don't smoke it, but I would rather smoke something that grew out of the ground than pop a pill or anything man-made.

That being said just like anything - moderation and discernment are key - of course you will have people take anything too far.

• Ber-Lynn
    November 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Well I use it everyday for medical purposes. Yet I do think it should be legal. As long as you are taking care of your children and not using it in front of them I really don't care.

• ShannyLouisiany
    November 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    ugh. if I smoked right now it'd be tragic. my kids would think I'm a freak. last time I smoked it made me paranoid as fuck. I dunno. I guess it depends on how it affects you. it makes me stupid, so it would not be good for me to be high around anyone, especially my kids.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    Dh and I smoked before he got this job (they do random drug tests). I see nothing wrong with it as long as you aren't smoking in front of your kids. We would always wait until they were in bed, or gone for the weekend. We miss pot :( He says I can still smoke, but I don't think it's fair.
  • IhartU
    by IhartU
    November 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM

If you're smoking it for any other purpose than medical, I think you're a moron. Really, if you need to do drugs to escape reality or to relax, then you have issues. If you do it when your kids are around- including when they're sleeping, I think you're not only a moron, but immature and a bad parent to boot.

And before anyone says anything, I'm against alcohol as well.

• december911
    November 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM

My bil can't function without it. It is a drug, I don't think it should be legalized, and I do think it is irresponsible for parents to even be high around their children. but then again...I don't drink around mine either..just me

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    This makes me sad. It is not ok to be high around your kids. I could never imagine taking care of my son high. That is poor parenting at it's finest, in my opinion.

Pot, in most states, is illegal. You can get your kids taken away for it. Definitely not a risk I'm willing to take. It makes me question a persons parenting when I know they are doing it. If you are willing to do something so stupid and risk getting your kids taken away, they obviously don't mean that much to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think it makes people relax, there is nothing wrong with it. It is ok to be high around ur kid, but not ok to get high in front of your kid.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world and think the government would make a hell of a lot more money if they legalized it and taxed it, instead of spending millions trying to stop it.
    I do think it's a waste of money.

• Radarma
    by Radarma
    November 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Love it.

• Ber-Lynn
    November 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM

For me there is no risk of my dd being taken away. It is completely legal for me, it is my pain medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

This makes me sad. It is not ok to be high around your kids. I could never imagine taking care of my son high. That is poor parenting at it's finest, in my opinion.

Pot, in most states, is illegal. You can get your kids taken away for it. Definitely not a risk I'm willing to take. It makes me question a persons parenting when I know they are doing it. If you are willing to do something so stupid and risk getting your kids taken away, they obviously don't mean that much to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think it makes people relax, there is nothing wrong with it. It is ok to be high around ur kid, but not ok to get high in front of your kid.

Mom Confessions