Mom Confessions

perezamberly
I can't stand when people say...
November 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM
"I don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control"

I'm not trying to get into a debate about whether abortion is wrong or right, so let's not go there. It's the statement that gets me. If you take one birth control pill, did you or did you not use birth control? I remember when I was younger my parents would make this statement and it just didn't make sense to me. To me it means, everybody gets one. Which just doesn't make sense. Do you agree or disagree with me?

Replies

• momof52011
    November 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

It means that some people have unprotected sex then think "oh it's okay, I can just get an abortion if anything happens" and have multiple abortions. Of course I disagree with it, it's idiotic to use abortion as a form of birth control, whether you think abortion is right or wrong... since it can seriously harm your body.

• perezamberly
    November 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    Ohhhh ok. I get what you're saying! Thanks for clarifying that:)

Quoting momof52011:

It means that some people have unprotected sex then think "oh it's okay, I can just get an abortion if anything happens" and have multiple abortions. Of course I disagree with it, it's idiotic to use abortion as a form of birth control, whether you think abortion is right or wrong... since it can seriously harm your body.

• BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
    November 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM

When you hear people say using abortion for birth control. It's usually referring to those who have had multiple abortions. The ones who failed to protect their self at all, end up pregnant, then end it with abortion.

• momof52011
    November 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM

You're welcome!

Quoting perezamberly:

Ohhhh ok. I get what you're saying! Thanks for clarifying that:)

Quoting momof52011:

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    November 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I consider it to those who have had multiple abortions.. I mean, geesh, didnt you learn the first or second time?

• NDADanceMom
    November 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I disagree because I say it.  I have used birth control to prevent a pregnancy.  There is no egg released so there was no conception.  To me life begins at conception so there was no life to end.  Abortion happens after conception.  I think the women that dont use birth control before conception but just get an abortion after they are already pregnant are wrong.  They should have used precaution or if they are allergic to every form of it/ it never works because they have bionic eggs like so many "accidental" pregnancies seem to be, they should not have sex until they are ready to face the consequenses.

The phrase simply means use measures to prevent the pregnancy, dont abort later. 

• Krystle21
    November 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    Its not a form of birth control. Birth control is used to prevent pregnancy. Abortion is used to terminate a pregnancy. I'm sure u know this. Everyone has their own personal beliefs about abortion. I don't think one person's belief or a group of people's beliefs should determine whats right for everyone
  • perezamberly
    November 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    Even though the saying has been clarified for me, I still don't agree with it. Whether you control the birth of one baby by abortion, or control the birth of ten babies by abortion, you're still "using it as birth control"..., right?
  • MiCHELLEx
    November 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    I feel like when they say that, as PP's said, they mean using it AS birth control, like the pill. Like when they have multiple abortions.

Mom Confessions