Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I let him...
by Anonymous
November 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM

CIO..

sorta..

My son would not stop crying. I just couldn't take it anymore. He's 1. Basically I set him down and said if you are going to cry, I'm not going to be in here. So I went to the bathroom and he stopped crying. I finished and looked in his room and he looks at me all innocently and lays his head on the pillow..

of course the moment I sat down to snuggle with him he got upset again, so I walked out again.. He cried for a minute then came out and found me about 20 feet away.. I called my mom to see what the status was on my phone (it's not even a month old and going to crap so she took it in since she was going that way anyway). He was fine. No longer fussy and just started playing.SMH

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM

It was more of a time out for mommy because I was ready to lose it.

• Vibrant.Heart
    November 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I think walking away was the right thing to do.  :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

• Vibrant.Heart
    November 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Don't worry about it.  Sometimes it's good to let them self-soothe.  And you said it yourself, he calmed down when you walked away.  AND, he's one.  Definitely not too young to do that, IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

• Angela_Barlow
    November 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    Sometimes you have to.
  • summer11baby
    November 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

i think at a year old its ok to do that once in a while. dont feel guilty! its better then you getting stressed out and baby getting stressed out along with you.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 15 at 11:00 AM
    Bump

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email