Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I let him...
by Anonymous
November 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM

CIO..

sorta..

My son would not stop crying. I just couldn't take it anymore. He's 1. Basically I set him down and said if you are going to cry, I'm not going to be in here. So I went to the bathroom and he stopped crying. I finished and looked in his room and he looks at me all innocently and lays his head on the pillow..

of course the moment I sat down to snuggle with him he got upset again, so I walked out again.. He cried for a minute then came out and found me about 20 feet away.. I called my mom to see what the status was on my phone (it's not even a month old and going to crap so she took it in since she was going that way anyway). He was fine. No longer fussy and just started playing.SMH

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM

It was more of a time out for mommy because I was ready to lose it.

• Vibrant.Heart
    November 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I think walking away was the right thing to do.  :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

• Vibrant.Heart
    November 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Don't worry about it.  Sometimes it's good to let them self-soothe.  And you said it yourself, he calmed down when you walked away.  AND, he's one.  Definitely not too young to do that, IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

• Angela_Barlow
    November 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    Sometimes you have to.
  • summer11baby
    November 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

i think at a year old its ok to do that once in a while. dont feel guilty! its better then you getting stressed out and baby getting stressed out along with you.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 15 at 11:00 AM
    Bump

Mom Confessions