Mom Confessions

Anonymous
My SO's teeth are really messed up and I'm embarrassed when he smiles in public!
by Anonymous
November 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I hate that I even feel this way because he's such a good guy.  He's very sweet and kind, loyal and giving.  He is a great father too.  But his teeth are really messed up.  He had to have a lot of teeth pulled, and he has yet to get rid of the other rotten teeth that are left.  They are chipped and rotten.  Part of it is because of genetics and the other part is because he doesn't brush his teeth regularly.  When he opens his moth or tries to kiss me, I get really grossed out.  We haven't had sex in over three months now because his teeth repulse me.  I've never told him that is the reason why I'm not horny though.  

He is making attempts to take care of the other teeth, and I spoke to him about brushing daily.  

I feel like a bad person because of my feelings, but I just can't help it.  Can you offer me any advice?

Replies

• Krystle21
    November 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    Honestly I find bad teeth very unattractive and I'm sure most of society feels the same so you shouldn't be ashamed of how you feel. Its a major turn off. I wouldn't come right out and tell him his teeth disgust you bc that can hurt his feelings. If insurance is an issue why he hasn't gotten his teeth fixed can you look into insurance for low income ppl for him? Or help him look for a Dentist that would accept payment plans? If his teeth are that bad he should consider getting dentures. Just an option. So my advice is to help him find resources. Brushing his teeth can't fix teeth that are already rotten
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I dated a guy who had 3 missing in the front and some that were gross looking. He was a nice guy but it bothered me a little. It was because he never took care of them until he was a little older, and actually brushed 3 times a day while we were together. I guess he realized he needed to care for them finally. (Thats NOT why we broke up though... he moved too far away.)

• perezamberly
    November 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I can completely relate to you :( My husband is missing a front tooth and him being in the military, he's a respected guy. I thrive off my smile. I am always complimented on my smile, and I wish I had a husband who had a great smile also. I've been begging him to take better care of his teeth, or at least getting that one missing one taken care of. He doesn't see it as big of a deal as I do... I wish I could offer you advise :(

• kjfamily
    November 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Save up money and get them all pulled and get him dentures..Then he will have white straight teeth and no pain.

• -Texas-Mommy-
    November 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    I think thats normal to be embrassed in life. I imagine he would be insecure about that poor guy.
  • NDADanceMom
    November 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Id look into dental implants. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Id look into dental implants. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM

:(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 2, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I couldn't handle it. You are a better person than me.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Wow you people are very shallow

I have no teeth. Doesn't bug me and doesn't bug dh. 

Mom Confessions