In the Bedroom

Anonymous
What sex life?
by Anonymous
October 12 at 9:07 PM

DH and I lacked a sex life a few months ago, then when we decided we wanted to TTC we went all hands on deck and were having sex just about daily. We got pregnant our first month of TTC which is both exciting but a downer because I had this feeling the minute we concieved our sex life was going back to sucking...and I was right! 

I am 15 weeks pregnant and we've had sex I'd say about 4 times so far. Most of the time I wake up every morning horny and wanting sex and my husband who is erect in the morning refuses to have sex with me. At night I have to beg and on occassion he'll give in but procrastinate so he's "ready" when I'm close to passing out from exhaustion. 

I don't think I can tolerate my marriage continuing to be sexless, let alone this pregnancy. 

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 12 at 9:40 PM
    Have you asked him why he doesn’t want to have sex as much anymore? My husband and I are in the same boat. I’m due in the next few weeks and my husband and I have only had sex maybe a handful of times during the entire pregnancy.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 12 at 10:22 PM

His response is always " I just don't feel like it " or " I don't know ". It's concerning because to me, although it's not what makes the marriage, I feel a healthy sex life with sexual encounters a few times a week keeps the marriage healthy in a way and that's all I want. We are young and in our twenties, so of course I didn't think something like this would happen so fast. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you asked him why he doesn’t want to have sex as much anymore? My husband and I are in the same boat. I’m due in the next few weeks and my husband and I have only had sex maybe a handful of times during the entire pregnancy.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 12 at 10:25 PM
    Is he not that into you? He wanted to get you pregnant but that's the only reason he slept with you so much, maybe now he thinks his duties are done?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

His response is always " I just don't feel like it " or " I don't know ". It's concerning because to me, although it's not what makes the marriage, I feel a healthy sex life with sexual encounters a few times a week keeps the marriage healthy in a way and that's all I want. We are young and in our twenties, so of course I didn't think something like this would happen so fast. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you asked him why he doesn’t want to have sex as much anymore? My husband and I are in the same boat. I’m due in the next few weeks and my husband and I have only had sex maybe a handful of times during the entire pregnancy.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 12 at 10:34 PM
    He could have low T, or since you are now pregnant he may feel like sex isn’t important and you growing the baby is? Or he is scared sex will harm the baby?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Anonymous 1
    October 12 at 10:40 PM

I'm not sure. Thankfully he didn't express sex to make the baby as a chore, and enjoyed taking part in it so I don't think him doing his duties may be it. He always shows he's attracted to me so I don't think not being into me is part of it. But the lack of interest in sex, especially with me is a bit discouraging because as a woman with low self esteem I feel like it's all me. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Is he not that into you? He wanted to get you pregnant but that's the only reason he slept with you so much, maybe now he thinks his duties are done?
    Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Anonymous 1
    October 12 at 10:41 PM

He's not too scared to have sex, when we do it's wild and crazy. Not rough enough to potentially cause any harm but enough to enjoy and see he's into it. I think low t is possible. Which would explain his lack of interest. I joked once about putting a blue pill in his dinner and he not only laughed but came off as insisting I should lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: He could have low T, or since you are now pregnant he may feel like sex isn’t important and you growing the baby is? Or he is scared sex will harm the baby?
    Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 12 at 11:54 PM
    my husband was happy to take it every chance he could while I was pregnant because my history was that birth and breastfeeding made sex an absolute aversion for at least 6 months after each baby.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 13 at 6:57 AM
    Is this your first pregnancy/child?
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 13 at 7:16 AM
    Maybe have him get tested to see if that’s it. Or go to GNC and get a thing of all natural testosterone pills to see if it changes his mood.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He's not too scared to have sex, when we do it's wild and crazy. Not rough enough to potentially cause any harm but enough to enjoy and see he's into it. I think low t is possible. Which would explain his lack of interest. I joked once about putting a blue pill in his dinner and he not only laughed but came off as insisting I should lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: He could have low T, or since you are now pregnant he may feel like sex isn’t important and you growing the baby is? Or he is scared sex will harm the baby?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Anonymous 1
    October 13 at 8:08 AM
    7th pregnancy , first viable.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Is this your first pregnancy/child?

In the Bedroom

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts