Adoptive Moms

Music182013
Excited or concerned? She slept SIX HOURS!
January 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Angie slept for almost six hours last night. She is almost five weeks.  Is it a good thing that she is starting to sleep longer? Or should I be concerned because she skipped a feeding while in a growth spirt?  Opinions anyone. 

Replies

• kinshipcaremama
    January 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    Never wake a sleeping baby!!!! Don't worry about the feeding. She will make up for it during the day. Congratulations on your first "full nights" sleep. Here's hoping for another one tonight.
  • aprilz1225
    January 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM

they will wake up when they need something! enjoy the sleep!!! doc told us not wake them up.. it's just her time for a good sleeping patern.  if she had a fever then MAYBE a SLIGHT concern. every three months since the day he was born (now 7 yrs) eats like a horse and sleeps in or goes to bed early, he puts on a pound and shoots up an inch. but i would just bask in the luck of a sleeping baby and have a glass of wine to celebrate;lol.

• twinmom86
    January 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    My dd is going to be 3 weeks tomorrow. She already has one time at night where she sleeps 5 hours. Her dr said its normal.
  • Music182013
    January 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

That sounds wonderful. I happen to have a bottle in the fridge that a customer got me for Christmas! 

• Mystres
    by Mystres
    January 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yah be happy you can get a littlemore sleep.  at 8 weeks my bug started sleeping 6 hours.  10pm - 4am

now at 5 months she is sleeping 930/10pm - 630am when I wake her to have a bottle as i get ready for work.

• meam4444
    January 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I agree--never wake a sleeping baby.  No worries at all...she will wake when her body tells her to eat too.

• meam4444
    January 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM

^Just to add, sleeping is an important part of growth spurts too

• sweetnana1964
    January 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree

Quoting kinshipcaremama:

Never wake a sleeping baby!!!! Don't worry about the feeding. She will make up for it during the day. Congratulations on your first "full nights" sleep. Here's hoping for another one tonight.

• dbra
    by dbra
    February 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Congrats!!! Go with it!

Lizzy started small like that and was sleeping through the night by 4 months old. Now at 19 months she regularly sleeps soundly for 11 hours. And this mama is grateful for it!

i didn't do that with my birth children. I did the family bed thing. None of my three birth babies ever slept through the night until they were three yrs old. They were 12 and 18 months apart so I was one tired mama for many years!

enjoy it!

• SarahSuzyQ
    February 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think the next question is... How did she do last night? :)

Adoptive Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts