Adoptive Moms

MommieBre21
Finally!
October 10, 2012 at 5:16 AM

I posted in here earlier, how my DH and I, have chose adoption for our identical twin boys. Well we finally picked out a lovely couple, Mark and Genia, I talked on the phone once with them, and I already love them. I finally get to meet them next Wednesday at my doctor appointment. I have framed the ultrasounds as a present to them, and I'm so excited for them to be able to see them in the ultrasound. They have been TTC since 1998, and was chose for adoption 2 years ago but the bm changed her mind 3 weeks after they had their son Grant home.

I have asked Genia to be in the room with me, if i can have the boys vaginally, which I am in favor for. I asked them to pick out the names, and my DH wants Mark to cut the cords for the boys. I always tell them, that this 100% and we won't be changing our minds. I know it's going to be hard to say goodbye to them, but I know Mark and Genia will make such wonderful loving parents. My only concern, is since we did chose open adoption, they will send updates and pictures the first year, but then forget about us, I'm so scared of that happening. Only thing I can do is really talk to them about it, Sorry for the long rant just nervous/excited and can't sleep.

Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• aprilz1225
    October 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM

good luck sweetheart! happy you are so positive about things. hope all goes well for you.

• mcginnisc
    October 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I hope all goes well for you all! 

• SamsMomSays
    October 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy, smooth delivery and peaceful future. :)
  • meam4444
    October 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I wish you all the best.

• SarahSuzyQ
    October 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    Best wishes to all of you on this journey.
  • shell81
    by shell81
    October 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I think it can be as open as you want it to be. Do you have a adoption counselor / agency I take it. Get everything in writing that you want or they don't have to go by just want you want to see done. Talk to the adoptive parents and see what they would like and tell them what you would like and go from there.

• marluvspooh
    October 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Good luck to all of you

• Softball_Mom_4
    October 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    This just touched my heart i don't know your situation but I'm so happy that you chose adoption there are so many people out there ttc your making one of the hardiest decisions you will ever make and I'm going to be praying for you all
  • socalkatt
    October 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

What a beautiful story to read. I am a new Mom of our adopted daughter who is 8 months old. The bm wanted pictures and to send gifts but no visits. We talked on the phone and texts during her last 3 months of her pregnancy.  She also picked us. We feel very connected not just because of our daughter but also because we got to know her and care about her. We send through a website pictures every week and she has sent gifts as well as bm's  father sent a Grampa gift. I am also keeping her updated on  first sitting, and first tooth, ect. I feel very close to our bm and feel that this gift she gave us is so incredible that her wishes to just know that our little girl is happy and growing is little to ask. 

I have told our bm many times, Having a lot of people who love you and care about you is not a bad thing, so as our little girl grows she will know that we are not the only people who love her, but other families do as well.

We could not have done this with out wonderful people as you and all the ones who choose adoption.

Thank-you and wishing you the best.

P.S. We bought a chip for our camera that automatically loads to the snapfish account we set up for the bm, that way we know they get pictures.

Adoptive Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN