Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
HappyFamilyOf5
Christmas List
November 19 at 9:18 PM
What are some things your kid(s) are asking for?
Javier is asking for police cars, a cash register or atm machine, and some learning devices. Arianna wants a huge gumball machine, anything JoJo, and doll stuff. Armando being a baby can't tell us what he wants, but when I ask him he says ball which just happens to be one of his favorite words. Lol...

How does your SN child handle the holidays and how are they being around other people?
Javier loves decorating for the holidays and he loves helping the adults with cooking or setting up. He's such a sweet kid. When we r at big family gatherings, he tends to stick to my side and is shy at first but will warm up to everyone and then has fun.

Replies

• Iceandsnowflake
    November 21 at 3:01 PM
    We are in the process of testing and diagnosis, etc. So I can't tell you what my kid officially has but I suspect autism.

Anyway,he's 3. And quite frankly, I bought him Mickey mouse toys. He loves Mickey mouse but, I know he won't play with them. He doesn't really play with toys at all.

And I have no clue how we are going to make through thanksgiving dinner at the in laws. It's probably gonna take a lot of wine because they're house is crowded with knick knacks and he likes to throw shit.

Not to mention he can barely sit through the Hot Dog song much less a meal :(

I don't know what to do! I'm totally freaking out.
  • MikeysMom22
    November 23 at 8:32 PM

Let us know how it works out!!

Quoting Iceandsnowflake: We are in the process of testing and diagnosis, etc. So I can't tell you what my kid officially has but I suspect autism. Anyway,he's 3. And quite frankly, I bought him Mickey mouse toys. He loves Mickey mouse but, I know he won't play with them. He doesn't really play with toys at all. And I have no clue how we are going to make through thanksgiving dinner at the in laws. It's probably gonna take a lot of wine because they're house is crowded with knick knacks and he likes to throw shit. Not to mention he can barely sit through the Hot Dog song much less a meal :( I don't know what to do! I'm totally freaking out.

• jjamom
    by jjamom
    December 7 at 10:08 AM
    My son is 12 and has been asking for a TV for his bedroom. My husband found a great deal on one on Black Friday and picked it up for him. He also wants a few DVDs. I also got him a new comforter set (Minions) and the game Pie Face. He is hard to buy for sometimes - especially with toys. So, this has been an easier year than most!

My son loves the holidays! He has been telling everyone Merry Christmas since Thanksgiving passed! We have decorated and are going to NYC on a day trip on Saturday. He is so excited!

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts