Raising Special Needs Kids

November 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM

Hi ladies its me again this morning had hubby get mail from yesterday there was an letter from apartment I had filled out application for boy I was so nervous opened well we got approved for their waiting list which is 2 to 3 years from now my husband is disabled and I have a 24 year old special needs daughter.

Well their are issues in our marriage one his oldest sister being his payee and not doing him right at all and I cannot get Social Security to listen to me I had it well I spoke to hubby and said lets go in half on the rent and some of the bills would have to be changed he goes and starts talking about spending all his money.

Now this man gets way more then my daughter and I did tell him yes certian bills he would need to pay and that I am going to help he just looked now with sister being his payee hands all over his dam money I know she is going to probably God knows apartment no Section 8 or income based 689.00 that is why he is tripping plus he is scared of her I am stressed out now one the thought of calling her which she probably will make me mad as hell and I hate that you are nor my mother and father may they both rest in peace.

He had no business changing the payee to her at all she takes advantage of him due to his handicapp she and I have had our arguments believe me to where I am still thinking about separating or divorcing him I missed my Section 8 making him head of household or I would of been dont gone.

Now what do I do if she trips believe me I feel like saying you come and get him then but where oh where are me and my daughter going to live its a wonder I have not had a nervous breakdown I need a nap when my daughter is at her day support program but something always stressing me out.


  • TommyAbby
    November 16, 2017 at 10:32 AM

    Why doesn't your husband just change the payee to himself?

  • 7-blessings
    November 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    Have you applied to the waiver program in your state to be paid to be your daughters care giver?

    If you are married, he can change his payee to you with no issues. He goes in with you and tells Ssi that he wants to change his rep payee. He can change it to you or her or a 3rd party.

    Sounds like there is WAY more going on then this glimpse you have given us.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts