Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
QueenieSelena
Hi, autism mama here!
September 3 at 11:07 AM

Hi, my name is Selena. I am a divorced mama of 2. Scott is 7, and Briella is 3. Scott is going through testing for ODD and asperger syndrome, and Briella is diagnosed with mild autism, a moderate speech delay, ADHD, ODD and GAD. 

Replies

• romangio12
    September 11 at 8:30 PM

Welcome. My son has autism and RAD, DMDD, anxiety and speech delay. You are a strong mama. You got this dealing with all of this.

• mandee1503
    September 11 at 9:22 PM
    Welcome to the group!
  • MikeysMom22
    September 17 at 11:11 PM

Welcome to the group Selena. I have heard of the other ones, but what is GAD??

Our son is 33, He has autism. He is non verbal does the best he can to communicate with gestures, sometimes words do appear. He shows us pictures and his iPad. He also has epilepsy. 

• QueenieSelena
    September 18 at 12:47 PM

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Welcome to the group Selena. I have heard of the other ones, but what is GAD??

Our son is 33, He has autism. He is non verbal does the best he can to communicate with gestures, sometimes words do appear. He shows us pictures and his iPad. He also has epilepsy. 

Thank you!!! GAD stands for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Here is something I read on it. With her only being 3, I am not an expert on it yet. She was only diagnosed 2 months ago. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) can occur at any age. The condition has symptoms similar to panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and other types of anxiety. These symptoms include constant worry, restlessness, and trouble with concentration. Treatments may include counseling and medications, such as antidepressants. Now that we have thrown this severe anxiety into the mix, we are starting her on bassiclly every therpay available for her. I do not want to medicate her. Have a nice day! Same to your son.

• MamaLauri
    September 18 at 8:41 PM

welcome

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts