Update On Javier
August 17 at 11:56 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Today was Javier's 1st day of 2nd grade even though his school actually started Monday, but since Sunday he had surgery to fix a dislocated elbow and bones broken in several places, he didn't start school Monday. He has pins in the elbow because they had to fix the dislocation and put bones back together and has a cast on his arm. He went the full day, but was in so much pain when we picked him up. I had told the teacher to call me if he was in pain, but she didn't. He said he doesn't want to go tomorrow so I'm not going to make him. He needs to rest and heal more.

My daughter started Pre-K on Monday and she loves it.

How are your kid(s) doing if they are back in school?

Replies

• lovlymomma
    August 18 at 9:17 AM
    Prayers for your son!
  • HappyFamilyOf5
    August 18 at 1:34 PM
    Thank you

Quoting lovlymomma: Prayers for your son!
  • michele115
    August 19 at 7:25 AM
    Oh my. Poor baby. My stepson broke his leg in 2 spots 2 years ago. It was awful. My son Logan the one with down syndrome hates school. I drop him off in the morning and I have to park and drag him out. Last week his teacher met us at the car and she made him get out and put on his backpack. She's good. The kids all listen to her.
  • HappyFamilyOf5
    August 19 at 9:44 AM
    Oh no. That has to be tough with him not liking school. Does he do ok once inside his class? Javier has the same teacher as last year and he really likes her so that makes it easier also for him.

Quoting michele115: Oh my. Poor baby. My stepson broke his leg in 2 spots 2 years ago. It was awful. My son Logan the one with down syndrome hates school. I drop him off in the morning and I have to park and drag him out. Last week his teacher met us at the car and she made him get out and put on his backpack. She's good. The kids all listen to her.
  • romangio12
    August 22 at 9:42 AM

Poor guy. Prayers! Also you have adorable kiddos.

• HappyFamilyOf5
    August 22 at 12:51 PM

Thank you. Are your kid(s) back in school yet?

Quoting romangio12:

• romangio12
    August 22 at 1:00 PM

DD adeline is only 6 months old. DS Roman is 5 and he starts Kindergarten tomorrow.

Quoting HappyFamilyOf5:

Thank you. Are your kid(s) back in school yet?

Quoting romangio12:

• 1blendedfamily
    August 23 at 1:42 PM

All my kids went back on Thursday. We have had a lot of issues. 

• HappyFamilyOf5
    August 23 at 4:52 PM
    What kind of issues have you had?

Quoting 1blendedfamily:

All my kids went back on Thursday. We have had a lot of issues. 

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts