Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
ILiveDisney
Signs of autism in 6 month old? Advice please!
August 13 at 8:42 PM
My name is Lillia. All 5 of my older children have autism. Finley, 15, has Asperger Syndrome, Zoiean, 7, has PDD-NOS, Aryhannah, 6, has Asperger Syndrome, Justice, 4, has moderate autism and Jackson, 2, is going through testing for what we are certain is PDD-NOS. None have severe or nonverbal autism. But the signs in Blakely are very frightening. She does not roll over, crawl, rarley babbles, does not react when you call her name, all of that kind of stuff. I am almost certain she has autism or some other kind of disability like it. When she is 1 I am taking her to evaluated, but I am not sure how to go about because the youngest any of pur children have been is 2 when we started the journeys with them. Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• jjamom
    by jjamom
    August 14 at 5:10 PM
    I would call your local early intervention services and ask for an evaluation through them. If your child is a certain percentage behind in any category, they will qualify for in-home services. If you can't find the number, ask your Pediatrician, they should have it.
  • romangio12
    August 30 at 9:54 AM

I just can't believe the struggle you must have raising 5 kiddos with Autism. I have one and it is so hard already. My son can barely talk at 5 years old. It is hard for anyone but me to understand him so he gets really upset. We saw Roman having different issues when he was 18 months old. Just get her to that appointment when it comes. They will tell you what you should do. Write down your worries and questions to make sure you ask the Dr. Books really helped me. I love to read and they are very informative. Bump!

• MikeysMom22
    August 30 at 2:20 PM

Talk to the pediatrician, tell them why you are concerned. Also call about early intervention. 

Our son crawled but didn't walk until 15 months. He had speech but lost it, later. 

• MamaLauri
    September 18 at 9:19 PM

Welcome Lillia. ASD is a neuroimmune developmental learning disorder due to an interaction of genetic sensitivity and damaging environment. Often mom has unresolved immune challenges so babies are exposed to toxins in the womb. Do you live close to enviornmental hazards? I would try to make your home as toxin free as you can, for yourself and all your children. I also would seek help for your youngest ASAP. The brain is highly plastic, especially earlier in life.

• ILiveDisney
    September 18 at 10:34 PM
    Quoting MamaLauri:

Welcome Lillia. ASD is a neuroimmune developmental learning disorder due to an interaction of genetic sensitivity and damaging environment. Often mom has unresolved immune challenges so babies are exposed to toxins in the womb. Do you live close to enviornmental hazards? I would try to make your home as toxin free as you can, for yourself and all your children. I also would seek help for your youngest ASAP. The brain is highly plastic, especially earlier in life.

Thanks.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts