Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
Pukalani79
Overwhelmed
August 11 at 9:30 PM
I've posted in the group a few times over the years. My youngest dd is 12 1/2 and has had abdominal and now chronic "traditional" cerebral migraines since she was 5. We have tried so many different therapies, doctors, counselors and meds but nothing seems to help. Her last pain free moment was in May and lasted 2 hrs. Before that, it was October and again only lasted a couple hours. We had a neuropsychological evaluation done this summer and it turns out that she has severe anxiety and depression, deficits in 4 areas of her brain, likely has an auditory processing disorder, and may possibly be on a schizophrenic spectrum. I know her doctor also feels that her migraines might be part of a conversion disorder as well. While the evaluator felt she does not has PTSD, her new psychiatrist says it's clear she does. I feel like all these years it was a lot trying to keep up with this one huge physical struggle of the migraines, but now we need to focus on that as well as huge mental and emotional issues as well. I am so overwhelmed and stressed right now!

Replies

• Linagma03
    August 12 at 10:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear that she is dealing with all this new stuff. I hope that now that there is a good dx that she will begin to feel better. 

Hugs Momma! 

• Lifeisajoy9
    October 14 at 7:28 AM

Hugs momma. Has she received counseling?  I am on a very high dose of gabapentin.  Only thing that helped my migraines. 

• Pukalani79
    October 14 at 10:34 AM
    She is doing mindfulness yoga, starting EMDR and will be doing physical therapy once the insurance approves it.

Quoting Lifeisajoy9:

Hugs momma. Has she received counseling?  I am on a very high dose of gabapentin.  Only thing that helped my migraines. 

• Sassym0m24
    October 18 at 8:21 PM
    ((Hugs)).

My son had sudden onset of mental health issues, after years of low functioning Autism.

It took a lot to get things in place for him and as much as they can be for us.

It's overwhelming for a while, while finding new ways to have a new norm and what to do when not.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts