Is our 8 week old pug puppy stitch. We got him this afternoon and took him to the vet to sadly dins out that he has a grade 3-4 heart murmur and umbilical hernia. The vets suggestion was to take him back to the store and see if we can get another puppy. We've all fallen in love with him including my dh who never wanted a dog. Cody and I are bot heart broken. The vet explained that without surgery the puppy may not make it past 1 year. She also said he may be fine and never have any problems.
What woukd you ladies do? I don't want to take him back but I can't afford a possible surgery that cost thousands. And I would hate to see him suffer because of that.
Quoting arkansasmama08: Where did you get him from? Do they have a health guarantee or anything?
We got him from a local pet store :( they give you a 48 hr deal where you get a free vet check at one their recommended vets. If anything significant is wrong you can bring the puppy back. If they have more you can take another one home. If not you have to wait until the have more. There are no refunds.
Oh, I'm so sorry. That is terribly sad, and he is sooo cute!!! I hope it works out for you, whatever you decide.
Thank you! I fell for him immediately. The lady at the vets office took him from me and loved all over him before we left. It's awful because Cody kept thanking me saying how our family is complete now and then we found out about his little heart. It just makes the decision that much tougher.
Personally, I'd bring him back. I think the heartache will be much worse if he dies in a year than getting a new one. Unless you can afford to care for him, that would be my issue is how much is it going to coast just to keep him comfortable.
I'm leaning this way. But it's a very hard decision! My biggest issue would be the amount of money you have already paid for him. I have looked at pug puppies and they are not cheap. That's a lot of money for only one year....
Good Luck with your decision.
Quoting Mipsy: Personally, I'd bring him back. I think the heartache will be much worse if he dies in a year than getting a new one. Unless you can afford to care for him, that would be my issue is how much is it going to coast just to keep him comfortable.