Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
Linagma03
Not chicken pox or measles.
October 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM

The rash that Lina has is finally showing signs of going away. The Dr has no idea what she is allergic to. He agrees that the most logical is the Irish spring soap. She went back to school on Wednesday but I had to go put some hydrocortisone on the rash at lunchtime. Thursday I got called by the teacher because she was itchy and needed more cream benedryl to get through the rest of the day. It is taking a lot longer then I thought it would for the bumps to go away she still has them and they are noticeable but do look better. Now just have to see how much longer they last.

Replies

• letstalk747
    Joy
    October 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM

irish spring soap and the shower gel make my son real itchy he

had to stop using it.

i hope it goes away soon for her

• darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Glad it's not chicken pox!  Hugs and hope it goes away fast!

• mlogsdon
    October 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Glad its not chickenpox or measles! I hope it goes away quickly and she feels better :( 

• Momof4AEMW
    October 12, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Glad to hear she is getting better!!  Hope it all is gone soon!

• PinkButterfly66
    October 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Can you give her claritin too?  It will help with the itchiness and will help her get through the school day.  

• Linagma03
    October 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Claritin doesn't work for any of the kids in any way. The Dr said to keep her on the Benedryl. I didn't give her any last night and so far no itching, still bump.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Can you give her claritin too?  It will help with the itchiness and will help her get through the school day.  

• PinkButterfly66
    October 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Bummer, that's too bad.  Claritin works great for me and my family -- even our lab.  She gets really itchy ears in the fall and spring from leaf mold and pollen.  I ask her if she wants a claitin for her itchy ears and she takes it right out of my hand.  She wouldn't do that with benadryl, lol.  Glad to hear she's feeling better.

Quoting Linagma03:

Claritin doesn't work for any of the kids in any way. The Dr said to keep her on the Benedryl. I didn't give her any last night and so far no itching, still bump.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

• luvnature
    October 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM

baking soda in the water of a warm bath usually helps sooths the itch. 

• Pukalani79
    October 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Poor thing.  Glad it's not chicken pox or measles though

• valleymomma1
    October 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Usually when I have an alergic reaction its about 10 days to heal.  Glad its healing.  Oatmeal in a nylon sock in the tub is great for itching.  

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts