Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
Reina13
S/O For those of you who craft, bake etc..
by Reina13
August 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM

For those of you who craft, bake, quilt, sew..etc, have you ever sold your creations or was it mainly just for fun, gifts and personal use?

Replies

• mandee1503
    August 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    I opened a small on the side baking company with a friend a few years back, she left me high and dry to go out on her own, after lying to me about it. She completely ruined my love for baking. I still to this day 4 years later, hate to bake and will never volunteer to bring dessert anywhere.

Anyway, yeah we charged. Not much but enough to make a small profit.
  • lonelymommyof2
    August 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM

if someone likes something i have made i will make it for them for a fee but mostly i do it because i love to :) I sew and make bows for my girls. Make blankets (the knot kind and t-shirt quilts) But mostly just fun and when i have the time 

• N.Carter2001
    August 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Painting my christmas village was just for fun.  But i tryed to mail 2 building to my cousin for a christmas gift a few years ago. But they both broke. It kind of sad we also mailed her candy my boyfriend mom show me how to make. She could not eat cause of allergy. I want to sale but people just wont. they think it needs to stay as a set. I dont have  room. I want to sale.

• Momof4AEMW
    August 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Fun.  But I'd love to open a peanut free bakery in town.  I think there would be a big market for it, especially if you offered some other allergy free products, gluten, etc.  There is just no where to buy peanut free baked goods, so I have to bake everything for our house anyway!

• crazy4chapstick
    August 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    Mainly for fun. But I have started selling. Really need to supplement my income!!
    Can't leave my girl anywhere. So I only work 2 days a week (when her dad works)
  • Linagma03
    August 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Just for our own use, or as gifts.

• mlogsdon
    August 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    I usually just do stuff for myself. Occasionally ill do something for a family member or friend :)
  • letstalk747
    Joy
    August 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM

whoa

Quoting mandee1503:

I opened a small on the side baking company with a friend a few years back, she left me high and dry to go out on her own, after lying to me about it. She completely ruined my love for baking. I still to this day 4 years later, hate to bake and will never volunteer to bring dessert anywhere.

Anyway, yeah we charged. Not much but enough to make a small profit.

• letstalk747
    Joy
    August 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM

that would be nice if you could

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Fun.  But I'd love to open a peanut free bakery in town.  I think there would be a big market for it, especially if you offered some other allergy free products, gluten, etc.  There is just no where to buy peanut free baked goods, so I have to bake everything for our house anyway!

• letstalk747
    Joy
    August 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

just for ourselves

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts