Raising Special Needs Kids

mommy4lyf
My son will start "Hippotherapy" and "Vision Therapy" soon.
August 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Any positive or negative feedbacks are appreciated.

Replies

• Momof4AEMW
    August 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

hmm..no feedback, just curious to see what other's say.  I have heard very good things on the hippotherapy.  What is the vision therapy exactly?

• Jenn8604
    August 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    Yep I'm in the same boat. No feedback. im curious and what's vision therapy?

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

hmm..no feedback, just curious to see what other's say.  I have heard very good things on the hippotherapy.  What is the vision therapy exactly?

• mommy4lyf
    August 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I just copied and paste it from the clinic website:

I am full time homeschooling now and I observed that he have sometimes problem identifying "n" and "h" or read "s" and "c" but if I asked him to write the word, he'll usually write it with no problem. Last January, he had his first eye exam and the result was "mild astigmatism" - doesn't need glasses yet. Another homeschooler from the therapy clinic suggested to have my son evaluated by the vision therapist. So, I made the appointment 2 months ago (it will take 2 visits to complete the evaluation). I will keep you guys posted. I was just hoping that someone who already had experience who wants to share. I am a little nervous.

Vision Therapy Center provide:

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

• darbyakeep45
    August 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

No experience but good luck mama!

• mommy4lyf
    August 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Thanks.. I am a little nervous. I just don't like seeing another therapist. PT/OT/ST and now HT and VT =(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

• darbyakeep45
    August 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I understand:)  My son is in OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, and ABA therapies.  It's hard but you can do this mama!  What is your child's diagnosis?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Thanks.. I am a little nervous. I just don't like seeing another therapist. PT/OT/ST and now HT and VT =(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

• mlogsdon
    August 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM

No idea about vision therapy, but hippotherapy is awesome! Good luck.

• Momof4AEMW
    August 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Intersting.  Will be curious to see how it turns out.  good luck

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I just copied and paste it from the clinic website:

I am full time homeschooling now and I observed that he have sometimes problem identifying "n" and "h" or read "s" and "c" but if I asked him to write the word, he'll usually write it with no problem. Last January, he had his first eye exam and the result was "mild astigmatism" - doesn't need glasses yet. Another homeschooler from the therapy clinic suggested to have my son evaluated by the vision therapist. So, I made the appointment 2 months ago (it will take 2 visits to complete the evaluation). I will keep you guys posted. I was just hoping that someone who already had experience who wants to share. I am a little nervous.

Vision Therapy Center provide:

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

• letstalk747
    Joy
    August 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

great , keep us posted

• mommy4lyf
    August 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Classic Autism and CAS (Childhood Apraxia of Speech). Sorry for the late response. I had to finish the lessons today and cooked dinner =)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I understand:)  My son is in OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, and ABA therapies.  It's hard but you can do this mama!  What is your child's diagnosis?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Raising Special Needs Kids