Raising Special Needs Kids

Theresa0714
where to donate old AFO's
January 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I have a group of moms that want ro donate there childs old AFO's does anyon know of a good place to give them if so plz let me know as much info as possible thanks

Replies

• sammygrl77
    January 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    A therapist at my ds's clinic takes them. She goes to China once or twice a year to bring equipment to orphanages there. I will check and see if she still does it or knows of an organization that does.
  • Theresa0714
    January 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Thanks my dd's pt won't take them and can't tell me were to go I hate throwing them away if it can help someone else

Quoting sammygrl77:

A therapist at my ds's clinic takes them. She goes to China once or twice a year to bring equipment to orphanages there. I will check and see if she still does it or knows of an organization that does.
  • sammygrl77
    February 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    Here is the info of where to send them:

Arlington Pediatric Therapies
    Attn: Ellen Dietrich
    3105 N Wilke Rd.
    Suite H
    Arlington Heights, IL 60004-1450

She will take AFO's and any braces or equipment that can be packed in a suitcase.

Quoting Theresa0714:

Thanks my dd's pt won't take them and can't tell me were to go I hate throwing them away if it can help someone else

Quoting sammygrl77:

Raising Special Needs Kids