Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
Kenre
School cancellations
by Kenre
January 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I was a half hour late to work today, because school was cancelled for my kids. Of course my oldest had just throw a tantrum about it. Then everything would be right as rain and he would say something about being ready for school and his brother would tell him they weren't going to school and the tantrum would start again. I don't know what to do. He does this every year on cancellation days and holidays. He just cannot grasp that he doesn't have school and it's okay.

I need to get him in to be evaluated, but I don't even know where to go now that the lady never called me back the few times in the last two months I have left her messages. She cancelled the appointment we had with her in November, too.

I just wonder how my sister is doing with him right now while I'm at work. I hope there is school tomorrow, because today is going to be rocky.

Replies

• sammygrl77
    January 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    (((Hugs)))I hope you can get him in.
  • dawncs
    by dawncs
    January 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

If it is a medical provider, I recommend trying another that your insurance takes. It can be quite frustrating getting an evaluation of a disabled child or adult. It took me eighteen months and three different places before I got diagnosed myself with Asperger's Syndrome. Good luck!

• natesmom1228
    January 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hugs!! I understand how change can be upsetting. Nathan goes through that too.

• Kenre
    by Kenre
    January 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Last night was stressful, too, so I should have expected it. I am just so surprised I kept calm all through it this morning. Of course, his brother had to keep setting him off when I calmed him down, by reminding him we didn't have school today for him.

I just wish we could find out why he does it.

Quoting natesmom1228:

Hugs!! I understand how change can be upsetting. Nathan goes through that too.

• mandee1503
    January 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM

*hugs* I would go to the pedi, and ask for a referral to someone reliable that will keep your appts.

• darbyakeep45
    January 30, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I agree here...hugs mama!

Quoting mandee1503:

*hugs* I would go to the pedi, and ask for a referral to someone reliable that will keep your appts.

• lifeisajoy
    January 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Hugs and school cancellation throw off our whole schedule too-trying to find who is going to care for him while I work and also he is just thrown off with his schedule different

• gma12.1
    by gma12.1
    January 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Hugs.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts