Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
JasonsMom2007
i feel so stupid!
November 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I just realized that my son with spd wipes his face on his shirt instead of a napkin because its so much softer! I cannot believe it has taken me this long. 2 years of battling him to use his napkin and stained sleeves then boom duh!
So now I'm going to make him some cloth napkins. I just need some sturdy, soft fabric for them. Hmmm

Replies

• Xandriasmommy
    November 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    I just realized my dd acts like a dinosaur when she's over stimulated so I feel you. It was like, duh, why didn't I see that before! And you are not stupid! You just didn't make the connection until now

Check your dollar store for baby wash clothes, got some when Allie was a baby and I use those still on her face. They held up better than the gerber ones!
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 18, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    I have a whole basket of baby washcloths still. I don't think they will be big enough for the job but they will work for now :)
  • Xandriasmommy
    November 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    Does he like the feel of terry cloth? Maybe an old towel can be cut up...Allie hates terry cloth but its an option if he's okay with it.
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM
    Idk if he would be ok with it near his mouth. Hes so sensitive there skin to skin hurts even
  • darbyakeep45
    November 18, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Don't feel that way mama...we all have things like that where it takes us time to figure out!  You're a great mama!  Hugs!

• willysmama
    November 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

some of my son's bibs are made of fleece. He doesn't like the feel of napkins that much, so i made some bibs out of fleece like he has at school and he loves them

• gma12.1
    by gma12.1
    November 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Guess what I JUST NOW had a "DUH" moment! After reading your post I am thinking that Lina might be showing a symptom of something new and that maybe I should have requested an appt with the behavioral/developmental dr sooner than I have!   See We All Have Them!       **face palm & lol**

• arkansasmama08
    November 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Sew a couple together?
    There's almost always a reason behind the strange things they do. The trick is finding it! Don't worry. It's taken us a long time to pick up on ours too.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I have a whole basket of baby washcloths still. I don't think they will be big enough for the job but they will work for now :)

• Nicholy10
    November 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

That's an idea!! My son hates tissues, after years of battling him I noticed something he loves recieving blankets (using them as tissues "wipers" as he calls them). Which I use them to wipe the baby when he spits up and such, so hey I just bought extra. :o) 

• DDDaysh
    by DDDaysh
    November 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I was going to suggest receiving blankets as well.  You can usually find those things CHEAP at resale shops or goodwill.  

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts