Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
darbyakeep45
Do you work?
October 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Outside the home that is:)  

I'm just curious how you ladies that do work manage to do it all!  I started working part time back in July, and I only work during his therapy and school hours, but it's just gotten to be so much and so stressful that I'm leaving my job...my last day is next Wednesday.  I'm not very happy having to run around all the time, being stressed all the time, tired all the time, lacking severely in patience with my son and my husband!  It's just hard!  I thought I was ready to go back to work, but I'm obviously not.  Maybe when Brady goes to school fulltime but not yet...

Just wanted to know what your thoughts are:)  Thanks!

Replies

• i.heart.myboys
    October 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    Nope well kinda. I do Mary Kay outside the home!
  • darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I bet that's fun!

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

Nope well kinda. I do Mary Kay outside the home!

• natesmom1228
    October 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yes I work. I love working outside the house. I was a stay at home mom for about 2 years and I hated it. I have always worked full time.

• darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Good for you mama!  

Quoting natesmom1228:

Yes I work. I love working outside the house. I was a stay at home mom for about 2 years and I hated it. I have always worked full time.

• jjamom
    by jjamom
    October 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    I stopped working when my oldest DD was about 20 mos old. I missed her so much during the day, and since I was a teacher, I would bring home all kinds of papers to be graded and lessons to plan. I wouldn't touch it all until I got her to bed at night, because I didn't want to miss out on the time with her. I remember staying up until 3 am doing report cards once, then going to work the next morning. Well, I got burned out really quick doing that, so I left teaching. Then, I had another baby and then another (they're all 3 1/2 to 4 years apart). Once my youngest (with SN) was born, it was clear I wouldnt be going back for quite some time, because between hospitalizations and therapies, i don't know how I could have. He is now in first grade and although I have more time during the day, I am running myself ragged after hours with all three kids, all of their appts, activities, games, projects. It never ends. So, I don't know when (if) I'll ever go back...

Don't beat yourself up over it. You will know when you are truly ready and I commend you for knowing your limits right now. I think your priorities are admirable. Not that I think being a working Mom is bad for all Moms (far from it), but not always the right thing for everyone.
  • Pukalani79
    October 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

It's good you're able to know your limits and are able to stay home.

I've been a SAHM for about 7 years now.  I did go back to work for about 3 months but it was supposed to be temporary and occassional and it ended up being fulltime.  My job now is being wife, mom and homeschooler and all that encompasses.  Someday I may go back to work, but for now it would be for extras and not a need so it's not worth it.

• gma12.1
    by gma12.1
    October 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I am on social security disability. Due to the type of condition I have I can't go to work outside the home even if I wanted to, which I can't due to the condition. To top that off I just don't have the time to work outside the house.

• darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I feel the same way!  I've only been working for about 4 months, and I know this isn't right for me or my family right now.  Glad you were able to do what works for your family too mama!

Quoting Pukalani79:

It's good you're able to know your limits and are able to stay home.

I've been a SAHM for about 7 years now.  I did go back to work for about 3 months but it was supposed to be temporary and occassional and it ended up being fulltime.  My job now is being wife, mom and homeschooler and all that encompasses.  Someday I may go back to work, but for now it would be for extras and not a need so it's not worth it.

• darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Makes sense and I can totally understand that:)  

Quoting gma12.1:

I am on social security disability. Due to the type of condition I have I can't go to work outside the home even if I wanted to, which I can't due to the condition. To top that off I just don't have the time to work outside the house.

• darbyakeep45
    October 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Thanks for sharing mama!  Thanks for the encouragement too:)

Quoting jjamom:

I stopped working when my oldest DD was about 20 mos old. I missed her so much during the day, and since I was a teacher, I would bring home all kinds of papers to be graded and lessons to plan. I wouldn't touch it all until I got her to bed at night, because I didn't want to miss out on the time with her. I remember staying up until 3 am doing report cards once, then going to work the next morning. Well, I got burned out really quick doing that, so I left teaching. Then, I had another baby and then another (they're all 3 1/2 to 4 years apart). Once my youngest (with SN) was born, it was clear I wouldnt be going back for quite some time, because between hospitalizations and therapies, i don't know how I could have. He is now in first grade and although I have more time during the day, I am running myself ragged after hours with all three kids, all of their appts, activities, games, projects. It never ends. So, I don't know when (if) I'll ever go back...

Don't beat yourself up over it. You will know when you are truly ready and I commend you for knowing your limits right now. I think your priorities are admirable. Not that I think being a working Mom is bad for all Moms (far from it), but not always the right thing for everyone.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN