Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
TJmom221
New here and my 3 yr. old just took ADOS
October 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I joined here because I really need advice and support for other moms going through the ups and downs of parenting a special needs child.  He scored an 11 on the ados test and we have our 2nd. dev. ped. appointment in November and I'm not sure what to expect (with the appt. and every day life).  I'm really kinda lost as to what's available to my son and supports for me.

Replies

• mandee1503
    October 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Welcome to the group! I have no experience with that so here's a bump!

• jjamom
    by jjamom
    October 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    I also don't know anything about this test, but I bet there are lots of Moms here who can help. Welcome and good luck!
  • darbyakeep45
    October 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Welcome mama!

• jdmom2002
    October 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Iwelcome to cafemomI don't have any experience with those tests, sorry.  I know that all of us have been in your shoes when it comes to not knowing what to expect from the drs, (and everyday life), we are here to chat and help in anyway we can. 

• grammajuie
    October 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM

My grandson went thru the tests.  He was diagnosed with aspergers and adhd.  Once you get the whole diagnosis they will help you find the help you need.  My grandson didn't need any other therapy because he was diagnosed two years ago with low muscle tone and Sensory Processing Disorder and those therapys were what he needed for his aspergers.  He is now on meds for his adhd and responding great.  His teachers are thrilled with his progress and have promoted him to kindergarten which is where he should be for his age.  We are all thinking now that he will not have to be held back at all. 

So, your childs diagnosis could be a blessing and it has been for my grandson.  With the therapies and meds, he so much more capable.

Good luck.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts