Raising Special Needs Kids

Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please Introduce Yourself.....
February 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM

welcomeWelcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Raising Special Needs KidsGroup Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Replies

• Lovetoadopt
    January 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I have 4 adopted children all of whom had FASD so I totally get what you mean about the unknown when they get older.

• letstalk747
    Joy
    January 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM

welcome , im joy , glad you are here

Quoting angelsfourkids4:

hello i'm a mom of 4 wonderful kids... 2 are special needs, one has mild asperger's with mental illness? or so the psychiatrists have said and one has cerebral palsy... physical handicap but intellectually amazing...

• letstalk747
    Joy
    January 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM

welcome , im joy , glad you are here

Quoting Lovetoadopt:

I have 4 adopted children all of whom had FASD so I totally get what you mean about the unknown when they get older.

• darbyakeep45
    January 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Welcome!

Quoting angelsfourkids4:

hello i'm a mom of 4 wonderful kids... 2 are special needs, one has mild asperger's with mental illness? or so the psychiatrists have said and one has cerebral palsy... physical handicap but intellectually amazing...

• darbyakeep45
    January 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Welcome!

Quoting Lovetoadopt:

• LynLaBelle
    January 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Hello,

I am 29 and a mother of 3 (2 stepdaughters ages 13 and 10, 1 bio daughter age 2 from a previous relationship). My husband is in the military (13 years Army). His late wife died in 2011. We all three went to high school together.

Our middle child (AM) is 10 and suffers from PTSD stemming from things she saw while her mother was alive (C was an alcoholic), being moved frequently by her mother from their home to her grandmothers home while their father was deployed (5 times), and from her mother's sudden

She also has a dissociative disorder and possible bipolar. She is not currently medicated, but is in behavioral therapy and EMDR.

• letstalk747
    Joy
    January 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM

welcome , im joy

Quoting LynLaBelle:

Hello,

I am 29 and a mother of 3 (2 stepdaughters ages 13 and 10, 1 bio daughter age 2 from a previous relationship). My husband is in the military (13 years Army). His late wife died in 2011. We all three went to high school together.

Our middle child (AM) is 10 and suffers from PTSD stemming from things she saw while her mother was alive (C was an alcoholic), being moved frequently by her mother from their home to her grandmothers home while their father was deployed (5 times), and from her mother's sudden

She also has a dissociative disorder and possible bipolar. She is not currently medicated, but is in behavioral therapy and EMDR.

• LyraDeus
    January 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Hello! Not sure if I am in the right place or not but here it goes.

I'm a 32 year old, engaged mother of 2 (soon to be 3) and am raising/parenting my 28 year old disabled sister. She was born with a condition called Cornelia de Lange Syndrome which is a genetic disorder present from birth, but not always diagnosed at birth. It causes a range of physical, cognitive and medical challenges and affects both genders equally. The occurrence of CdLS is estimated to be 1 in 10,000 live births. Which makes it rare enough that most doctors have never heard of it. Accompaning the CdLS she also has Epilepsy, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Rage Disorder. She is completely deaf and aslo had problems comunicating (even though she is fluent in sign). 

• gr8tmom72
    January 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Hello.  I am a mother of 4 children, 3 girls (ages 21, 13, & 8) and a boy (10 months).  My LO has Down Syndrome.  He is a precious gift and completes our family.  We love him so so much. Down Syndrome: "So What!"

• VMS1202
    by VMS1202
    January 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM

hey everyone my name is Vanessa and i am 27. I dont have any children of my own but i am helping my SO raise his 3 children. His 11 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son have Fragile-X and his son also has mild autism. His 9 yr old daughter has Mild to Moderate cognitive impairment.

This post is locked, so you can't reply.

Raising Special Needs Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN