Moms for Education

meam4444
Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?
December 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Do you plan special activities when your child has a day off from school?

Replies

• Maries_Mom23
    December 9, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Sometimes...just depends.  Now Christmas Break, I'll buy crafty things to keep them entertained. 

• Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

We usually do...

• Heather2001
    December 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We plan special things for the days my husband has off work.  That's one of the great things about homeschooling - my husband's days off are in the middle of the week so we call those our "weekend" right now.  =)

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    December 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

All the time.  Although we usually take time off from school special for our trips.  We homeschool. Today I took my kids to Monticello.  They had an anniversary deal.  Admission was only $5 and normally it is $17 per person.  I take my kids special places without my husband.  When he has a day off he wants to work outside or stay home.  I love going places and so do my kids.  My husband does not so we just tell him about our exploits.

• meam4444
    December 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yea, there is lots in your area to do!  I love nyc!

Quoting SamMom912:

Most of the time yes.. Either a playdate with a friend or at least a trip to the gym for a swim and out for lunch. We have planned more exciting things, like trips to museums or aquarium ir zoo deoending on time of year. 

I dont really like to sit home... But my little guy does. Lol.. So depending on his mood, we will go for big day or just something small. 

I live just outside NYC in westchester county... So there is tons to do and see! 

• meam4444
    December 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I had no idea you homeschooled...how do you like it? 

Quoting Heather2001:

We plan special things for the days my husband has off work.  That's one of the great things about homeschooling - my husband's days off are in the middle of the week so we call those our "weekend" right now.  =)

Moms for Education

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN