Moms for Education

funhappymom
How much homework does your child bring home each night?
November 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

How much homework does your child bring home each night? 

Do you think it's too little, too much or just right?

Replies

• batjmom
    by batjmom
    November 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

My 5th grader does not bring much home.  A couple days week and that is about 20 minutes of work each night.  He reads for 20 - 30 minutes every night.  My 6th grader has homework 3 - 4 nights a week and that can average from 30 minutes to an hour.  Then reading every night as well.    The projects are larger and take more time.  

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    November 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

My 3rd grader brings home about an hour worth, my kindergartener doesn't bring any home. 

• jen113000
    November 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    Usually one sheet of something plus reading. I sometimes give a little more reading since he needs help in that area.
  • bamababe1975
    November 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Just right most of the time. The only time it's bad is if they have a full load plus special projects and then that takes a lot more time. It's still significantly less homework than I had when I was in 6th and 7th thanks to their mandatory No Homework Wednesdays and Fridays.

• emilyrosenj
    November 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM

None!  She does it at her after school program.  She's middle school so I know she has projects and stuff but she's been pretty independent with those and only involves me when she needs help formatting something!

• MommaTasha1003
    November 14, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Kindergarten- 1 sheet of Letter Practice daily & a beginner book about 2-3x a week. 

It not too much. Even though K homework is too early IMO.. My opinion is really its too easy, DD is in GATE. Im not sure what normal classes teach if this is what advanced is.

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    November 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM

My first grader brings home just the right amount of homework.

• mommythree0508
    November 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM

It's just right

• MichelleK41
    November 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

A worksheet a night for our little one and they are asked to read nightly. For her grade level that's plenty.

• jessicasmom1
    November 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM

My 6th grader brings about 3 sheets a night and reading a book. Unless tested in school that day usually just reading that night.

Moms for Education

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN