Moms for Education

CafeMom Team
How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?
October 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Saving for your child's college education can be tough but it doesn't have to be with the Gerber Life College Plan. We asked our CafeMom members to discuss the benefits in enrolling in the Gerber Life plan and then we gave them a donation to be used for their child's college plan! 

Tell us about your kids. How do you plan on saving for your child's college education?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• chanicost
    November 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My baby girl just started preschool this year. We have a piggy bank for storing extra change. When it gets full, we turn it into bills and put it in a box. It's for emergency money, but we rarely need to use any of it and the excess is intended for her college funds. Once we're in a more stable situation I would like to sign up for Gerber's plan.

• babynurse454
    November 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    We started the Gerber Life plan when our dd wads around 2 weeks old, she is now 10 years old! I think this is one of the best savings plans and so inexpensive which everyone can afford, we have it automatically deducted every month. This is one less worry we have as parents as our child gets older. I recommend it for every child.
  • babynurse454
    November 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    The Gerber Life/ College plan is added security for your child's future without having to worry about putting away a lot of money every month.
  • alliesmom112
    November 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM

we have a savings account set for our dd. My parents helped me through school so I could focus on school instead of having to work full time. I was able to work part time through school and focus on my education and I want to be able to do the same for my dd

• kirbymom
    November 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The same here. 

Quoting bamababe1975:

We aren't. My husband and I both got our Bachelor's Degrees on our own dime as we worked our way through school, so we expect our kids to do the same.

• Kmakksmom
    November 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM

We have savings accounts for our kids.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 16, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Each boy has a savings account that DH puts reimbursement checks into every so often.  They each have a fairly sizeable balance, but we should a) be more methodical about it & b) put the money some place where it will earn more interest.

I should really look at the Gerber plan & the Minnesota state 529 plan & compare.

• Madelaine
    November 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM

thanks

• dusky_rose
    November 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

We really don't have a plan for this.

• BabyTeki
    November 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    We don't have a definite plan or budget yet. We hit some hard times after DH was in a bad car accident and we"re trtig to work our way out of the hole it put us in

Moms for Education

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts