Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.

Ksmomy
toddler constipation
by Ksmomy
December 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how to help an already constipated(sp) 2 year old?
Everything I've read seems to be to prevent it. Everything suggests changing diet, adding fiber, more liquids, which would be fine to prevent it but dd needs help to pass a BM now.

Replies

• eevers55
    December 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I just got a sample of pedia-lax in the mail and it worked great on my daughter who has been crying and very uncomfortable (we just got back from a little trip and I think that's what caused it). But I'd recommend it, just make sure to read all the directions and age recommendations. There are suppositories which help immediately, but I went with the chewy tabs because the former sounded like an uncomfortable situation all around. They work within a few hours.

• abbysmommy429
    December 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I use Miralax for DD; her pediatrician recommended it and it works great!

• tessamalk
    February 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

BUMP.

Any ideas for a 19mo toddler? Pedia-lax is for 2+ but DD gets constipated here and there. I try to fix her diet, but changes don't seem to offer much relief.

Have tried reducing her dairy intake (she loves cheese, but only gets it once or twice a week now), adding more green vegetables, adding more fluids (she now gets 2 cups of milk, and 2 cups of watered down juice).

• Ksmomy
    by Ksmomy
    February 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    @Tessamalk: I finally talked to her pediatrician and she suggested Miralax. I also spoke with a nutritionist and she suggested less juice and Almond milk to prevent it. She also said the natural sugars in juice may contribute to the constipation.

In early December we had to use an enema and she has very limited juice and cows milk. If dd has cows milk for 2-3 days her BMs slow down and she starts having a hard time passing them. I give her the miralax for 2-3 days and she's back to normal.

Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN