Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.

Miss.Lena.1
2 year old birthday
November 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Any ideas for a 2 year old girls birthday party??  She will be 2 in February and Im looking for places to go. She doesn't have a lot of baby friends so it'll just be the family. Any ideas of places she might like??blowing candles

P.s. we live in Austin, tx if that helps at all

Replies

• eevers55
    November 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM

When she was 1, we took our daughter (and family that lives near us) to a paint your own pottery place. She had fun painting and we made a commemorative plate with her footprint on it. We have the same issue with her having little to no friends yet, so we are thinking about places where she can still interact with kids, but family can go. Perhaps a local kid's museum? I've been looking at my own for DD's birthday (she'll be two in May) and they have all sorts of sensory. hands-on kind of stuff, and plenty of other kids for her to play with. Or perhaps in indoor playground? A zoo is also a great place. I know my daughter LOVES looking at all the animals and feeding the goats. I think anywhere that she'll have fun is what's important. When my niece turned 2, I remember my SIL made a big deal about it and it became what she wanted, and my niece just got grumpy and bored, because it was mostly SIL's friends hanging out in the shared rec room/community room of their apartment complex. And my other SIL spent 100 on Dora themed stuff for her daughter's 3rd birthday, when I really don't think her daughter would have cared either way, my SIL just loved Dora herself. So my philosophy is mainly, where will your daughter have the most fun?

• cutestmom24
    November 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    I got this same issue with my dd,s birthday..I was thinking haveing her birthday party at the park or chuckie cheese .her birthday is along pin febiaru and she will neturnimg 2 too.

Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.