Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.

BLUMENSH9
At what age........
November 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM

At what age did you transistion you LO into a toddler bed? Why did you do it as early or as late as you did? I am considering doing it for my 8 month old.

Replies

• KaylaMillar
    November 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

i would say 8 months is still too early. We moved ds at 15 months....

• eevers55
    November 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM

We did it at 12 months. But DD had been walking for two months and would scream bloody murder EVERY time we put her in the crib. We co-slept frim about 5 mnoths on til we changed the bed. I tried every night to put her in the crib and she'd wake instantly when I put her in. I'd even try doing it a few times in the night every time she'd fall asleep. She wouldn't even go in it in the day time if I sat there with her and her favorite things were inside of it. But I took it apart and turned it into a toddler bed and she loves it and I love having my bed to myself and my husband again. But we made sure she could get into and out of it by herself, and we block off the hallway at night so she can only go to our room if she wakes up. If she had screamed at the toddler bed, or was too little and just fell, I would have changed it back. So I'd at least wait until your child is walking and walking well enough to climb into and out of a bed themselves without fear of falling at least. If DD had liked her crib, I probably would have kept it til about now or a little later (18m) because she wakes up early and stands right at my face until I wake up and it's a little creepy.

• PortiaRose
    November 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    When he started climbing out of his crib.
  • Mom2PushCart
    December 7, 2012 at 5:37 AM

At what age was he when that happened? I have a 4 month old who is CONSTANTLY moving, even in his sleep! He will sleep with his arms in the air. I am sure with him being a mover like that, he will try to climb out too, so I am curious so I'll know about when to expect it! Haha!

Quoting PortiaRose:

When he started climbing out of his crib.

• kaylajp21
    February 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    They say they are ready for a toddler.bed when then can climb out of the crib when its at ita lowest setting my daughter is almost 18 months and she still sleeps in a crib 8 months is way too young
  • BLUMENSH9
    February 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Well I switched it and she is doing great so I think it depends on the kid.

• HEYimpregotoo
    April 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

My older sister transitioned her 2 children as a right of passage after the 2nd birthday and i plan to do the same . My LO is 17 mo's and i couldnt imagine him being in a toddler bed right now .

• BLUMENSH9
    April 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

She only sleeps in her bed for naps and the first part of the night. She knows how to get in and out of it, but still stays in it when she wakes up until I come to get her. She just sits in the middle waiting for me.

• Jerichos_Mommy
    April 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Jericho was about that age.  We had a convertable crib but he co-slept, only used the crib a few times.  He and mommy both are tosser-turner-bedhogs so 3 people was tough.  I converted the crib to a toddler bed and put it between our bed and the wall.  So he could have his own space and still co-sleep.

• silence68shh
    July 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Trinity was 9 or 10 months. she'll be 2 next month and won't sleep anywhere else lol

Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.