Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.

lil_momma0911
teething help!
October 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM
My 18 month old dd has never chewed on anything to teethe. now she is getting her molars on the bottom and will leave red indents in her fingers. Ive tried washcloths, frozen and just wet, teething rings, pacis, everything. she just wont use it. it doesnt help shes seen me bite my nails now she bites hers. ive stopped since then. i try to keep hers clipped but she still chews on her fingers. idk what to do!

Replies

• mypbandj
    October 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    If chewing on her fingers is what helps her, just let her do it. It's short lived anyway. Teething feels like it takes forever but it doesn't.
  • JMCorbin84
    August 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Dd hated those teething rings & ones you'd freeze, honestly I can't blame her the plastic sucked & smelled like plastic, lol. The only thing that helped her was I took a large carrot, peeled the outer layer, dipped it in water & then stuck it in the freezer for awhile. She'd naw on that until it was goopy, I'd chop off the soft area & then she'd chew some more. It helped numb the inflamed gums & at nap time/bed time I'd usually follow w/ a small dose of baby Tylenol if she was having a hard time sleeping.

Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs.