Featured Posts
louannwilkins
Getting rid of toys....
August 2 at 10:43 AM

do you get rid of broken or not played with toys on a regular basis?  What do you do with them?

Replies

• louannwilkins
    August 2 at 10:44 AM

When the boys were growing up I'd go through them once in a while but especially before the holidays.  I'd throw out anything broken or missing pieces.  The other stuff that wasn't played with or that they'd outgrown we'd take to the thrift store or somewhere like that to donate. 

• bbyblueAK
    August 2 at 12:35 PM
    If broken I throw them away. Missing pieces or hardly played with I give away on freecycle. I usually go through before the holidays.
  • louannwilkins
    August 2 at 2:25 PM

That's exactly when I made sure to have it done!!  lol  I knew with grandparents giving gifts and then what we'd give them that stuff needed to be cleared OUT.  lol  :)

Freecycle....that's a great idea!!

Quoting bbyblueAK: If broken I throw them away. Missing pieces or hardly played with I give away on freecycle. I usually go through before the holidays.

• momofsixangels
    August 2 at 5:28 PM

If they are broken I throw them out otherwise donate

• louannwilkins
    August 2 at 8:48 PM

great idea  :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

If they are broken I throw them out otherwise donate

• momofsixangels
    August 2 at 9:41 PM

I like to donate to salvation army

• momofsixangels
    August 2 at 9:43 PM

If you have big piece puzzles,beach balls,baby dolls or coloring books nursing homes can use them.They use them for alzheimers patients to interact with them.

• louannwilkins
    August 2 at 9:46 PM

Wow...I didn't know that.  Thanks for the info!  :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

If you have big piece puzzles,beach balls,baby dolls or coloring books nursing homes can use them.They use them for alzheimers patients to interact with them.

• momofsixangels
    August 2 at 10:18 PM

Quoting louannwilkins:

Wow...I didn't know that.  Thanks for the info!  :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

YW. They also love any dvds or vcr tapes that arent violent. Alzheimers patients love watching them especially old ones or cartoons

• momofnatalie
    August 2 at 11:04 PM

I throw out the broken ones and donate the rest.  We did have a garage sale but the toys were not as popular as the baby clothes and equipment.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts