Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
What was your worst parenting moment?
May 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What moment was your worst as a parent?

Pink Shares Her 'Worst Moment Being a Mom' & We Totally Get It

by Jacqueline Burt

pinkApparently even celebs with a reputation for being "tough" are vulnerable to mommy guilt. Pop star Pink talks about her struggles with the "it's all my fault" feeling in the new issue of Glamour magazine, and it turns out rich and famous kids fall down just as often as any other tot. In fact, she says her “worst parenting moment” was when 2-year-old daughter Willow fell and got a concussion:

"That was the worst day of my life. And what do they say? 'Kids fall.' Welcome to parenthood. I thought, I can't handle this. I'm fitting her for a bubble." We've all been there!!

And we've all experienced the post-injury parental paranoia Pink admits to having after Willow's concussion:

“Every time she bounces on the bed, I see stitches. Being a parent is a Jedi mind f**k. It’s also the raddest thing ever.”

So true. Becoming a parent means experiencing fear and guilt on a whole new level -- but the same goes for more positive feelings, too, like joy and love. The trick, I've found, is figuring out how to keep the fear and guilt from overshadowing the good stuff. It's not an overnight process, as Pink is no doubt learning, but eventually she'll be able to watch Willow jump on the bed without imagining an imminent trip to the Emergency Room ... maybe.

What was your worst parenting moment?

Replies

• Cafe AmyS
    May 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM

So.... this one time, we were at WalMart and my boys were horsing around.  My little guy climbed up on his brother and the big guy let go.  Little guy landed head first on the hard floor smacking his chin hard.  It popped open like a baked potato and there was blood every where.

We got him cleaned up, filed an incident report and rushed off to the ER for stitches.  We had to wait soooo long for the doctor to stitch him up and by the time they finally finished with him I had the worst migraine that came with nausea and all that comes with it.  

Definitely not my favorite parenting moment!

• RADmomma
    May 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Luckily we haven't had any injuries like that.

Last summer dd got bit by a tick. We got it out but it had been there a while & I was nervous!! Getting it out if her hair was tough. I'm deathly afraid of ticks so my emotions only fueled hers.
  • Cafe AmyS
    May 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I totally get it!  I'm deathly afraid of bees/wasps and when my daughter was a year old she picked one up and got stung on her index finger.  It was stuck there and she was screaming and here was terrified mom not knowing what to do.  I finally got her to shake her hand and shake the bug off and she was fine, but it was not my finest moment.

Quoting RADmomma:

Luckily we haven't had any injuries like that.

Last summer dd got bit by a tick. We got it out but it had been there a while & I was nervous!! Getting it out if her hair was tough. I'm deathly afraid of ticks so my emotions only fueled hers.

• cafay
    by cafay
    May 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM

When my 2 year old son was stepping over our large dog on the bed. As I was pulling my nightshirt over my head he fell off the bed and broke his collarbone.

• Cafe AmyS
    May 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Poor little guy!

Reminds me of my niece.  She was dancing on my brother & SIL's bed and fell off.  Broke her arm.  She was about 2 when that happened as well.

Quoting cafay:

When my 2 year old son was stepping over our large dog on the bed. As I was pulling my nightshirt over my head he fell off the bed and broke his collarbone.

• cafay
    by cafay
    May 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Cafe AmyS:I hope she healed just fine? My son doesn't remember a thing and still loves to jump around. I scold, and he just laughs and says "i"m just havin fun, Mommy". Yeah, ok.He doesn't know how I felt walking into the e.r., thinking they were gonna think I was abusing my baby!The Dr.just kept rubbing my back and telling me,it was ok. She told me it's always worse for the Momma's!

Poor little guy!

Reminds me of my niece.  She was dancing on my brother & SIL's bed and fell off.  Broke her arm.  She was about 2 when that happened as well.

Quoting cafay:

• Cafe AmyS
    May 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh, she's fine now and spunky as ever.  

Definitely worse for the mama!

Quoting cafay:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:I hope she healed just fine? My son doesn't remember a thing and still loves to jump around. I scold, and he just laughs and says "i"m just havin fun, Mommy". Yeah, ok.He doesn't know how I felt walking into the e.r., thinking they were gonna think I was abusing my baby!The Dr.just kept rubbing my back and telling me,it was ok. She told me it's always worse for the Momma's!

Poor little guy!

Quoting cafay:

• Remsmom
    by Remsmom
    May 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My daughter is only 1, so I know this is nothing, but she was riding on the rocking horse toy she got for her birthday and I was there to spot her. However she still fell off and bumped her head on the coffee table. While SO came over to sooth her I was also crying. He rubbed both of our backs. The next day at the dr for her one year apt I saw she had a red mark on er eyebrow and I was so afraid I was going to have to explain. Thankfully I didn't.

• diaperstodating
    May 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    When I lost my oldest son at a Carnival. He was four of five. He is 14 now, I have three younger sons and have never lost them.
  • momofsixangels
    May 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

When my youngest was 3 weeks old.She had a very high fever and was admitted to the hospital for 10 days with an iv. They think it was blood poisoning

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts