Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
What was your worst parenting moment?
May 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What moment was your worst as a parent?

Pink Shares Her 'Worst Moment Being a Mom' & We Totally Get It

by Jacqueline Burt

pinkApparently even celebs with a reputation for being "tough" are vulnerable to mommy guilt. Pop star Pink talks about her struggles with the "it's all my fault" feeling in the new issue of Glamour magazine, and it turns out rich and famous kids fall down just as often as any other tot. In fact, she says her “worst parenting moment” was when 2-year-old daughter Willow fell and got a concussion:

"That was the worst day of my life. And what do they say? 'Kids fall.' Welcome to parenthood. I thought, I can't handle this. I'm fitting her for a bubble." We've all been there!!

And we've all experienced the post-injury parental paranoia Pink admits to having after Willow's concussion:

“Every time she bounces on the bed, I see stitches. Being a parent is a Jedi mind f**k. It’s also the raddest thing ever.”

So true. Becoming a parent means experiencing fear and guilt on a whole new level -- but the same goes for more positive feelings, too, like joy and love. The trick, I've found, is figuring out how to keep the fear and guilt from overshadowing the good stuff. It's not an overnight process, as Pink is no doubt learning, but eventually she'll be able to watch Willow jump on the bed without imagining an imminent trip to the Emergency Room ... maybe.

What was your worst parenting moment?

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    July 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Probably on days when I just can't take the whining anymore and send them to bed so that I can get a break.

• 25beengoodtome
    August 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM

commenting on how the other parent handles the siyuation with the children as I myself sit and offer no parental involvement/discipline.

• MaineMammax2
    October 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    My worst parenting moment happens now and then. It's when i lose my temper and yell like a lunatic, then i feel really really bad and apologize.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts