Cafe AmyS
Does your little boy like to play dress up?
April 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I saw this in The Stir - Do you ever worry about what other's might say?

Celine Dion's 2-Year-Old Son Wears Heels & Idiots Freak Out

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

celine dion son heelsSinger Celine Dion recently shared a photo of her son in heels, and wow, is it one of the cutest things ever to grace the Internet! Celine snapped a pic of her 2-year-old boy, Nelson, in a pair of her shoes, and it pretty much looks like they were made for him! I swear, this child rocks a black stiletto better than any woman I know. But, uh-oh, guys, a little boy in heels! What's going to happen?! Is he going to grow up to be a cross-dressing serial killer? Should we call the authorities? Or, at the very least, the fashion police?

I kid. Obviously. This child is stunning. And to be totally frank here, I kind of want that blazer. But just like people freaked out about J.Crew exec Jenna Lyons painting her son's toenails pink, they're freaking out about this. Because it's not conventional, and not what we're used to. But newsflash: A little boy wearing heels or pink nail polish will not "turn him gay". You don't "turn someone gay". And if Nelson does wind up being gay, who cares?!

I have an idea. The next time we see an adorable photo of a baby, why don't we all just think: Awww! Nothing more, nothing less. If it's a baby with a bottle: Awww!; not: Is that baby being fed formula? If it's a baby in a bed: Awww!; not: Is that baby cosleeping? And if it's an adorable little boy in heels: Awww! Because, I mean, seriously, Awww!

Parenting is exhausting enough. Do we really need to always turn it into a battle?

Do you feel judged as a mom? And, um, how cute is Celine Dion's little boy?

Replies

• momofsixangels
    April 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    My ds never did but I see no problem with it if he had wanted to. He loved "girly" cartoons like powder puff girls.If someone wanted to judge me then thats their problem not mine
  • starh28momof2
    April 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

all kids love to put on shoes everyones shoes and any shoes they can find.

it's normal.

but, painting your son's toe-nails in the first place is just weird. especially if you paint them pink!

• RighteousLove
    April 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

i don't see any wrong in being curious. my son likes to copy our daughter. and they're both so little, they're toddlers. so i won't get my panties in a bunch over it. kids like to be silly. as long as it's something silly and fun they're gonna do it. that simple. as long as it's out of harm's way. 

• ablackdolphin
    July 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM

YES, he's 1.5 and he brought me his sister's Alice in Wonderland costume this week. I put it on him and took lots of pictures! Why not, DD can dress up like a fireman, train conductor, etc.

• wandep
    by wandep
    August 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Mine is 9 years old so he is a bit too old to play dress up. :)

• MaineMammax2
    October 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    I have only girls, but my nephews all liked to wear nail polish and barrets when they were young because that's what their mom and I did. We didn't have the girls in the family until they were older or I'm sure they would have wanted to play dress up with them had they been closer in age. They are now teens and pre teen and none of them have any long lasting "ill" effects!
  • XOXOnBubbles
    November 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM

We have a dress-up bin at our house.  It is full of stuff for both boys and girls.  If the kids want to wear a super hero cape, a tiara, a tutu, or a cowboy hat etc. I could care less regardless of their gender.  It is all in good fun.  

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts