Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of used coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup of cold coffee
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- Wax paper
- Mixing bowl
- Some small objects to make impressions in the dough (Shaped cookie cutters work well.)
- Empty can or a butter knife
- Toothpicks, optional
- String to hang your fossil, optional
How to make it:
- Stir the together the coffee grounds, cold coffee, flour, and salt until well mixed.
- Knead the dough together and then flatten it out onto the waxed paper.
- Use the can to cut out circles of the dough or use the dull knife to cut slabs large enough to fit your "fossil" objects.
- Press your objects firmly into the dough. When you take the object out, you have your "fossil". If you want to hang the fossil, poke holes into the edge to hold the string.
- Let the fossil dry overnight (and up to two days) and then hang it if you wish.
- To reduce the drying time, bake the fosils for a short period of time to get the "dough" to harden.
by 4kidz916January 27 at 5:24 PM
That's cool. I always have coffee grounds.
January 27 at 6:54 PM
by arpaziaJanuary 27 at 8:08 PMThat's a really good idea!
by slw123January 27 at 9:05 PM
That's cool. I've never heard of this particular craft. This will be a fun one to try.
by Charizma77January 27 at 10:11 PM
by Wish2BeJanuary 27 at 10:32 PM
Thats really cute ! :)
January 27 at 11:26 PMCool. But we aren't coffee drinkers. Never have coffee around
by timon95January 27 at 11:34 PM
by .Angelica.January 28 at 6:42 AMTfs
by mrswillieJanuary 28 at 7:07 AM