Featured Posts
saraface5383
Im starting...
January 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM
A zumba class tomorrow. Im excited but nervous. I dont want to be the only fat kid huffing and puffing...:(

Replies

• jessicasmom1
    January 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM

have fun! 

• Kmakksmom
    January 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Fun!  One of my online BFFs and her husband are Zumba instructors.  It's so much fun :)

• Threes.Company
    January 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    Absolutely. When you're in the lower zones 1-3, your body is primarily burning stored fats. But when you get into zones 4-5, you're burning sugars, carbs and muscle. It's ok to spend a few mins at a time in the higher zones for building cardio endurance... But for weight loss you've got to bring it back down to the lower zones.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Zones? There is a difference?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Zumba is really fun!  Though I had to stop doing it when I was trying to lose weight.  It elevated my heart rate too much and pulled me out of a fat-burning zone and into a sugar-burning zone.  It wasn't good for my goals.  I can do it now, but now I'm so hooking on strength training, running, biking, swimming, etc, that I am no longer interested in it! :)  I do take a dance class weekly, though!

Hope you're enjoying it!  I see this post is from earlier in the month.

• ForeverInLove
    January 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM

What are these zones? I've never heard of that before.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Absolutely. When you're in the lower zones 1-3, your body is primarily burning stored fats. But when you get into zones 4-5, you're burning sugars, carbs and muscle. It's ok to spend a few mins at a time in the higher zones for building cardio endurance... But for weight loss you've got to bring it back down to the lower zones.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Zones? There is a difference?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Zumba is really fun!  Though I had to stop doing it when I was trying to lose weight.  It elevated my heart rate too much and pulled me out of a fat-burning zone and into a sugar-burning zone.  It wasn't good for my goals.  I can do it now, but now I'm so hooking on strength training, running, biking, swimming, etc, that I am no longer interested in it! :)  I do take a dance class weekly, though!

Hope you're enjoying it!  I see this post is from earlier in the month.

• momofsixangels
    January 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I dont think I would last 5 mins.Lol. GL

• aneela
    by aneela
    January 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

oh cool...hope you have fun

• copperswifey
    January 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'm sure you found out how much fun they are. It's a great way to exercise! :)

• alliesmom112
    January 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I love Zunba!! You will have fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN