ForeverInLove
When you wash dishes, what do you do?
December 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

My husband always washes out the second sink, then sets the dishes in it as he washes. He waits until it's practically full, and then rinses them.

I don't like it... I find it leaves a residue, because as they sit, they end up drying slightly, with soapy water on them. Unless you scrub when you rinse, they aren't rinsing clean. I do appreciate that he does the dishes, nonetheless. I check them all when I go to put them away, because he has a habit of not scrubbing dried on stuff out/off, such as milk or cheese...

I usually wash the dish, and immediately rinse it and set in the in strainer. Lately, I've been washing the dishes in the sudsy water, and leaving them in the water, just stacking them in there, and then being able to rinse everything at one time, lol. They remain wet the whole time, so no sudsy water drying before rinsing :)

What do you do? What does your hubby do?

This applies to hand washing, not dishwashers, lol

Replies

• saraface5383
    December 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

i hand wash them and stick them in the dishwasher lol

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    December 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

DH turns on the sprayer thing then stacks them on one side as yours does.  But b/c the sprayer is on them, they don't dry there and just picking them up rinses them.  DH washes dishes by hand when we get too backed up to rely on just the dishwasher.  I'll load it up, he'll handwash the rest while I do counters, microwave, fridge, and floors.  He cleans the stove.

• flowerfunleah
    December 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Man I miss our sprayer thing! 

I usually rinse the dishes and then put them in the dishwasher lol

But before we moved into this house James would handwash all the dishes (because he's a procrastinator and never fixed the dishwasher) and he would wash, rinse, set out to dry, and onto the next dish!

• sweetmissy_05
    December 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I wash some and put it iun the 2nd sink and then I rinse them off......doesn't seem to leave any residue......especially if you rinse them off really well.

• tatuchick4u2c
    December 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I jsut run the water the whole time cause my sinks are microscopic, so I run the water on low wash and rinse and put in the strainer or on a towel....and what does dh do hahahhaha thats a joke right???? he stacks them up or has them carried away for him....

• Leelee1008
    January 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM

we wash in the 1st sink, rinse them without putting them in the 2nd sink and then right to the strainer.

• jessicasmom1
    January 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Hand wash 1 sink soap and water 2nd sink with a wash tub in it the clean dishes go until I can rinse them individually  go until I am ready to rinse them 

• slw123
    by slw123
    January 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

If I were to handwash (which I don't do too often) I wash a few then rinse them, wash a few more and rinse them.  My husband would never even think to wash a dish.

• ceciliam
    January 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I do it your way but mostly I just use my dishwasher.

• 4kidz916
    January 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I usually use the dishwasher but if I do hand wash, I wash the dish then immediately rinse it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts