ForeverInLove
When you went ty school.
November 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Did your parents refer to your teachers with Mrs., Mr., Miss, or Ms.?

At my son's school, they are very first name basis with parents and faculty... I find it weird.

Eta: students say mr. A (principal) and such. But, faculty doesn't fast that to parents. They'll tell me, "I'll let jennifer know then," instead of "I'll let Mrs. C know."
They were first name basis with parents and other faculty. Students address them, though, with Mr. and so on.

Replies

• Gweneveer
    November 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM

What?  That is weird!

No, I went to catholic school.  I had mostly nuns.  They were referred to as Sister whatever, lol.  

My dd is in Kindergarten, and she calls her teachers Miss, Mrs. or Mr.

• TristanMitchael
    November 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    That's odd. My niece goes to a small Christian school and they call the teachers Miss First Name. Tristan calls his online teacher Mrs. ________
  • TristanMitchael
    November 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    Oh! Idk what my parents referred to my teachers as. I would think it was Mrs or Mr So & So. I don't really remember. I call Tristan's teacher Mrs. _______ and not by her first name.
  • flowerfunleah
    November 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I've been on first name basis with teachers for so long that it just seems normal to me. But they're also MY teachers so I guess that's different.

I suppose I would refer to them by whatever my children refer to them as since they would be used to it.

• DirtyHippyMama
    November 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I was homeschooled! 

• DirtyHippyMama
    November 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I think first name basis kids to adults is rude personally 

• tatuchick4u2c
    November 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

They were ms. mrs. miss or mr

• tatuchick4u2c
    November 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM

oh and even now when my daughter refers to an adult that they have said to use their first name its still got the mr or miss in front of their name...I just think its more respectful

• artemisa3001
    November 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I think it is cultural.

I'm from South America and I find it very weird kids calling their friends parents by Mr. or Mrs. o Ms. and last name. or BF or GF calling the parents of their significant others that way.

We always called our teachers and even the princiipal (owner) by their first name

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

I think first name basis kids to adults is rude personally 

• Legaltype
    November 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Yeah, it was always Mr., Mrs., etc.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts