Featured Posts
mjimaging
We tried...
November 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM
DH noticed a lady at the rest stop we stopped at having car trouble so I told him we should see if she needs a jump. When we needed a jump no one stopped. So we drove over and she was crying, she ha two small children and her car wouldn't start. We told her we could try a jump an she for a smile on her face. We hooked it up an it would sart but die again right away :(. Jumping did no good. She said her parents were in grand junction (2 hours away). We didn't have room in our car but we made sure she had cell coverage and she had reached someone to come get her but I felt bad. We tried to help but couldn't do anything for her.

Replies

• lillucky8
    November 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    At least you tried. Big bonus points for that!
  • TristanMitchael
    November 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Not many people offerer help anymore. It's a sad sad world :/
  • mjimaging
    November 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    It is. We spent an hour getting ours started and no one offered any help.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

• TristanMitchael
    November 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    It's also a scary world too though. A couple months ago a guy here stopped to help a girl with a flat and he woke up on the side of the road with his wallet missing. But a public place is different.

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

• mjimaging
    November 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    Yeah it was a public rest stop during the day with lots of people and an info center right there. She looked so sad too.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

It's also a scary world too though. A couple months ago a guy here stopped to help a girl with a flat and he woke up on the side of the road with his wallet missing. But a public place is different.

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

• Gweneveer
    November 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Its so nice that you tried to help her.....not many ppl will do that these days!

• tatuchick4u2c
    November 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM

You did more than most would!!!

• flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Well at least you tried!

• ForeverInLove
    November 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM

That's really nice of you!

If I'm at a store, or hubs is with me, I'll stop and ask people, as we've had a few times where we could have used some help.

There was a guy who grimaced at me a couple weeks ago, because I wouldn't stop for his hitch hiking... He was walking with a cane, but I can't take the chance with three young children in my vehice. Nonetheless, we have a prison in a couple towns up, lol. It would take less than a day for an escapee to get down here... it'd take just a couple hours, really.

• mjimaging
    November 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    Yeah, I wouldnt stop for a hitchhiker. We don't have space anyway. This was at a public rest stop during the day and DH hooked up the jumpers. I wih it would have worked but it didn't. I'm hoping she didn't sit too long.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That's really nice of you!

If I'm at a store, or hubs is with me, I'll stop and ask people, as we've had a few times where we could have used some help.

There was a guy who grimaced at me a couple weeks ago, because I wouldn't stop for his hitch hiking... He was walking with a cane, but I can't take the chance with three young children in my vehice. Nonetheless, we have a prison in a couple towns up, lol. It would take less than a day for an escapee to get down here... it'd take just a couple hours, really.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts