Family Fun

Featured Posts
ForeverInLove
Gah! No wonder my daughter's glasses are missing!
November 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

My daughter lost her glasses... I now know why.

they are annoying as hell! I see these rims in face, along with serious sinus pressure (my sunglasses do it too).

Now, my daughter's glasses have been missing for a while. It sucks! We do not have the means to buy her new ones... It sucks. 

Replies

• saraface5383
    November 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    :( glasses suck! But that sucks you lost them:(
  • TristanMitchael
    November 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

After a while you don't even notice the glasses on your face. I have only been wearing glasses for about 3 years now. I'd be lost without them now! My oldest has had glasses for about a year, I always get the replacement plan on them. He's broke like 3 pair and Adelyn broke one. Darn kids lol.

• ForeverInLove
    November 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I actually wear contacts mostly, but I dont' put them in unless I'm going somewhere.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

After a while you don't even notice the glasses on your face. I have only been wearing glasses for about 3 years now. I'd be lost without them now! My oldest has had glasses for about a year, I always get the replacement plan on them. He's broke like 3 pair and Adelyn broke one. Darn kids lol.

• Gweneveer
    November 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Oh no!!  How badly does she need them to see?

IS this your first pair of glasses?

• ForeverInLove
    November 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    Well, they are to correct her lazy eye.

And, these are mt first pair since I was 5. I'm glad I don't have to wear them, really. The sinus pressure they cause is becoming pretty bad.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Oh no!!  How badly does she need them to see?

IS this your first pair of glasses?

• mommatothree01
    November 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My youngest ds has had glasses since he was 4.  He's broken about 4 pairs of glasses in the 2 yrs since.  We bought $9 frames at Walmart, so when he broke the frames, it was only $9 to replace them.  About 4 months ago, we switched him to contacts, which has been great. 

• GodsAmiga
    November 21, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Aww, she'll get used to them but you might, when you find them, bring them into a glasses place and have them check to make sure they're fitted for her properly. They can adjust the nose pieces and sometimes the ear things to make sure they aren't too tight of a fit. My oldest daughter has been wearing glasses since she was 18 months old and she adjusted to them pretty quickly but will sometimes complain that a new pair hurts so then we have to go have them adjusted. When they're tight they can cause that sinus type pressure which stinks. But yeah, I have a pair of glasses that I don't really need but I sometimes wear if reading has been bothering my eyes more and they can take some getting used to. :-\ I hope you find her glasses soon!! My daughter has lost so many pairs of glasses! I found a website now that sells good glasses for pretty cheap but her subscription is extra strength for her lazy eye so it makes the actual lenses waaaay more expensive. So I totally sympathize on not being able to go buy a new pair!

• ForeverInLove
    November 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM

They fit fine, when she's wearing them. Our eye doc's place did all the measurements of her face, and then adjusted things when we got them. She just hates them still.

She's got hers for lazy eye, and when she is wearing them, she just bends her head up or down to look over or under them, lol. 

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Aww, she'll get used to them but you might, when you find them, bring them into a glasses place and have them check to make sure they're fitted for her properly. They can adjust the nose pieces and sometimes the ear things to make sure they aren't too tight of a fit. My oldest daughter has been wearing glasses since she was 18 months old and she adjusted to them pretty quickly but will sometimes complain that a new pair hurts so then we have to go have them adjusted. When they're tight they can cause that sinus type pressure which stinks. But yeah, I have a pair of glasses that I don't really need but I sometimes wear if reading has been bothering my eyes more and they can take some getting used to. :-\ I hope you find her glasses soon!! My daughter has lost so many pairs of glasses! I found a website now that sells good glasses for pretty cheap but her subscription is extra strength for her lazy eye so it makes the actual lenses waaaay more expensive. So I totally sympathize on not being able to go buy a new pair!

• DirtyHippyMama
    November 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

No fun 

• DirtyHippyMama
    November 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Hope you can find hers! 

Family Fun

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts