Featured Posts
LancesMom
Family fun on a budget
June 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Do you have an active, fun-loving family, but like most families, you're on a tight budget? How do you find cheap things to do?

Replies

• LoveMyBug2013
    October 13 at 9:20 PM

Dollar tree has a ton of great things!

Quoting jollymommy:

sidewalk chalk and bubbles can both be found at the dollar tree.  our imaginations are super. There are plenty of parks near by.  And if it's cold we go to mcdonalds (after we've had lunch) and order a drink for the adults and water for the kids.  So, it only costs like $3.  

• LoveMyBug2013
    October 13 at 9:23 PM

Now that DS is big enough to play on the playground we are trying to find playgrounds/parks.

I've never heard of redbicycle.com   What is it?

Quoting nngmommy83:

We have so many parks around our house that we can really try different ones all the time to keep kids from getting bored. I scour different websites like redbicycle.com to find free/inexpensive activities going on in our area

• LoveMyBug2013
    October 13 at 9:50 PM

Library programs are wonderful!  When I start staying home I'm definitely going to start looking into programs at the libraries for the kids. 

Quoting hillmom: Outside (camping, hiking, fishing), rent a movie instead of going to see one... We don't eat out much either, I can make far more nutritious food at home, for way less. Our local library offers some wonderful activities, for free.

• Sisteract
    October 13 at 10:59 PM

Beach (we live 1 block away)

picnics

hiking

• Sisteract
    October 13 at 11:00 PM

Bike rides

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts