Featured Posts
amonkeymom
Been craving homemade mac & cheese...
February 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM

How do you make yours?  

Replies

• adamsmom0116
    February 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I don't use a recipe or measure anything. I just dump stuff in. Butter and flour, then milk, then cheese. Usually a blend of a few, depends on what I have in the fridge.  I don't bake it because the kids don't like it that way. But once in a while, I'll put some veggies and some leftover chicken in the mac & cheese and bake it. And i like to use those corkscrew noodles, whatever those are called.

• abra
    by abra
    February 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I haven't made any in years, but my MIL does all the time. So yummy!

• jaytee
    by jaytee
    Jen
    February 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    I'm having homemade macaroni and cheese with dinner tonight. It's almost done. I'll post the recipe for you when I'm on the desktop. Be warned that my version is totally not good for you!
  • amonkeymom
    February 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Sounds perfect!  The more "comfort foody" the better here this week.

Quoting jaytee:

I'm having homemade macaroni and cheese with dinner tonight. It's almost done. I'll post the recipe for you when I'm on the desktop. Be warned that my version is totally not good for you!

• RADmomma
    February 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    I'll bump my mac & cheese recipe for you. It's super
  • RADmomma
    February 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    It's revolutionary Mac & cheese I bumped it for ya
  • jaytee
    by jaytee
    Jen
    February 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    I boil a pound package of macaroni noodles. Drain them, put back in pan you boiled in. Add a can of evaporated milk, about 1 1/2-2 cups velvetta, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1/2 stick margarine, 1/2 stick butter. Heat all this over medium heat until the cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in 9x13, Top with another cup of shredded cheddar cheese evenly. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Noting but compliments from whoever I have made this for.

Family Meal Solutions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN