Family Meal Solutions

wendums1229
Old Fashion Bread Pudding Recipe from 1953
November 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Old Fashion Bread Pudding Recipe

Here's the best Bread Pudding Recipe I have found. It's called Old Fashion Bread Pudding.

4 cups bread cubes
2 cups milk scalded with 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raisons

Heat oven to 350. Put bread crumbs in 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Blend in remaining ingredients and stir. Place baking dish in a pan of hot water, about 1 in deep and bake for 45 to ro minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean. (Recipe from 1953)

Replies

• givenshl
    November 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Now that sounds delicious. I'd have to cut up some Glazed Krispy Kreme Donuts and mix that in with the bread cubes.

• wendums1229
    November 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting givenshl:

Now that sounds delicious. I'd have to cut up some Glazed Krispy Kreme Donuts and mix that in with the bread cubes.

ok now I'm really hungry lol :~@)

• RADmomma
    November 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Honestly never had bread pudding...or seen it either.

• wendums1229
    November 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting RADmomma:

aw man its sooo good...I think. It's warm and sweet and smooth and just melts in your mouth. If made the right way ( in my opinion lol ). It has a nice flavor too

some ppl cut it into nice neat squares or triangles, me I like mine just scooped up and plopped on my plate. I mean I am gonna eat it not admire it like a piece of art...just saying lol rolling on floor

• RADmomma
    November 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM

looks yummy to me!!!

Quoting wendums1229:

Quoting RADmomma:

aw man its sooo good...I think. It's warm and sweet and smooth and just melts in your mouth. If made the right way ( in my opinion lol ). It has a nice flavor too

some ppl cut it into nice neat squares or triangles, me I like mine just scooped up and plopped on my plate. I mean I am gonna eat it not admire it like a piece of art...just saying lol rolling on floor

• stellarmom1
    November 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

ohhh that sounds good!

• Family4Eternity
    November 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Great!!

• AmosFarkle
    December 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eye then!  This sounds good, easy, and economical.

• wendums1229
    December 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting stellarmom1:

ohhh that sounds good!

thank you

• wendums1229
    December 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quoting Family4Eternity:

Great!!

eating

Family Meal Solutions